• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 07:11:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 852
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 834
Total: 834

Thursday morning

Started by LizStreithorst, April 30, 2020, 09:14:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Perfect blue sky today with highs in the mid 70's.  As I was debating with myself over "house or garden" I shook out all the throw rugs and vacuumed the house including the sofa and bed since dogs had deposited a sprinkline of sand over everything from yesterday's rain.  Big Head's bed cover is out side airing.  It looks like during my debate I settled on the house.

I got so freaked out when I saw the extent of the cleaning necessary for the shipping supply/fish junk closet I stopped only about half way through.  I need to finish that so I can start on the fish room which will be another couple day's work.  First job now is to change the filters on my RO unit.

Hope the rest of you have something more exciting going on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Mornin Liz, stormy here today.  High winds for the last 12 hrs at least and now it is raining.  Good day to be inside.  I have lots to do, like you do.  Good luck with all your indoor stuff, we will compare our progress later?  Will try to call tonight about 7:30. 
Barb

LizStreithorst

Sounds good Barb.  BTW thanks for reminding us on Simply of Al's birthday.  We might  want to return the favor he did for Mug's funeral expensive the Simply members did.  http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showthread.php?136690-Happy-Birthday-Al-owner-and-administrator-here!

wsantia1

Good morning Liz and Barb and everyone. Feeling a little better each day. Still taking it easy though. I went down to the fish room and discovered that I have two spawns of Angels going. My Plats (Liz's Line) and a Koi Pair. The Koi spawn didn't fair well. I only saw white eggs. The Plat pair is doing their thing as usual. They are parent raisers and have been spawning weekly when not tending to eggs or fry.

It is going to be a miserable day here with winds blowing at up to 60 mph and rain moving in this afternoon.It is currently 66 degrees but the temp was as high as 71 degrees earlier this morning. We have a cold front coming through now.

The coffee was great as usual and now it is time for brunch.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

...hello all...

...90 put there now and going to 101 today with 10% RH...another warm clear sunny day... 8)

...after yesterday's wait on getting through to the MVD and finally getting someone, I'l be waiting on her to call me back...we'll see how that goes...! wfwf

...Willie good luck with the Plats...and so sorry for the Koi spawn...Glad your back continues to get better... |^|

...and, LIz, you're fish closet sounds like my shed...although I have it way more organized and cleaned than the one I had in Florence, I go in to finish it and put a couple things away and just walk out!...and it's not even that daunting...it's just that t i don't want to throw something away because it might come in handy...but I don't know where to put it to find it later...!  so it sits on the bench!... :(

...Barb,I hope you can get some rest after yesterday, so don't overdo it today... |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, please don't make me feel even more guilty by talking about storage sheds.  After the preditor attack my hens decided to lay their eggs there so I have to walk in carefully every day so I don't trip over something.  I removed the door a while back because to use replace the falling apart chicken house door with the plywood door on the storage shed.  When the puppies found the eggs and started eating them I put an old piece of galvanized roofing sideways to cover the opening and propped it up with a hunk of plywood.  It works but it's a pain to get in and out.  So I need to both clean the junk out and toss it, arrange the good stuff neatly.   Then I need to make a danag dutch door so the chickens can jump in but the dogs cannot.  I don't even want to think about it.

wsantia1

The rain is here and the wind is howling. April is leaving us with a bang. I really hope that May is a better month for everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.