• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 10:16:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 59
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 44
Total: 44

France and science

Started by Mugwump, May 22, 2017, 11:18:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Science!

In the United States, we see hostility from many of our elected officials. And it's driving policy in the wrong direction on so many issues. Apparently the new government in France sees the world a little differently. Bon Chance! We will be eager to see what scientific leadership looks like.

My friends at the Science Communication Lab bring you the story.

While the United States seems to be retreating from science in its national government, that doesn't seem to be the case in France.

In a world where science can fuel everything from public health to economic growth, it seems like the country's new president Emmanuel Macron is making a bet on the future - including leading a strict environmental policy. It will be interesting to see where this science-based policy could lead. Hopefully some of the politicians in the United States will take note. This country could use more scientists in the driver's seat of public policy

The fact that the two scientists in his cabinet are women shouldn't have to be a big deal, but unfortunately it still is.
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson