• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 03:10:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 563
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 561
Total: 561

Hail, hail the storms are here....

Started by Mugwump, May 20, 2014, 07:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...what the heck do we...............

Yowser!!!!!.....hail, high winds, blinding rain, dark as night......WOW....our storms made a grand entrance.................Jan's by the back door screaming at it to stop hailing on the garden...dang, it worked !!! ;D   also, she just got her new plants in the mail....blueberry, raspberry, etc...plus some great perennials....... ;D     she got those planted too, earlier......I think everything will survive tho....she'll likely give you all an update later, after the hail vigil...... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Wow. You guys get all the excitement.

Boring weather here, but high pollen.

LizStreithorst

We' get it here next, I bet.  We won't have hail but we'll have the rain and winds.  The trees to the west of my house are strong and straight, but I still worry when we have big winds...

Tell Jan that the Blueberris and Blackberries will be fine. They are survivors/
Always move forward. Never look back.

wiggs

Well I guess everything is O.K. All I could think of when it started to hail, was I couldn`t go out and throw my body between the hail and my tomatoes because of the lightening.. GRRRR!! So I stood at the back door and yelled at the storm to stop with the hail, it could Rain But No Hail !!! It seemed to work, It stopped hailing and just rained, which we needed.  Thanks Liz for letting me know that my Blueberries will be O.K. This is the first time that I have had any and the little leaves are still tender. Now to make sure my car is O.K.  ;)
Jan

LizStreithorst

They are strong,  They will be fine as long as you planted them right and the variety is good for up north.  Down south we plant the high buss types. Yours should be low bush and be right for your climate.  Your tomatoes will put out new growth if the roots are happy and the tops weren't beat to the ground.  You'll get a bushier plant, fewer, but more tomatoes.

Good luck on with the car.  Do y'all not have a garage?  I don't have one but it's high on my list.  I need it for my new old truck.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

just a single car......the Tahoe's in there now....we've thought about re-doing it to a tandem garage tho.....not ideal, but it would work?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

EdKaz

Got a lil dark and windy here, but EVERYTHING passed just north of us.
Batten down the hatches........Looks like more headin your way in a Little bit John