• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 12, 2024, 08:35:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 533
Total: 533

Anybody here subscribe to TFH?

Started by BallAquatics, May 12, 2014, 06:58:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

I've read TFH since I was a kid and it's like an old friend.  That said, I'm thinking of letting my subscription run out this year.  There's just too much saltwater stuff that I have no interest in.  It seems as though 50+% of the magazine is now saltwater.  Then there's the Jack Wattley discus column.  With Hans and Angel Fish USA and others, does anybody still follow Jack?

I do like the plant column and anything that Mike Hellweg writes, (he's got an article about livebearers and talks about the myth of them needing salt LOL).  Charles Clapsaddle also has a good column.  The Takashi Amano articles have turned into nothing more than advertisements for their rediculously priced items.

I guess if I didn't have Amazonas to compare TFH to, I might still be satisfied with their magazine.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 12, 2014, 06:58:26 PM
I've read TFH since I was a kid and it's like an old friend.  That said, I'm thinking of letting my subscription run out this year.  There's just too much saltwater stuff that I have no interest in.  It seems as though 50+% of the magazine is now saltwater.  Then there's the Jack Wattley discus column.  With Hans and Angel Fish USA and others, does anybody still follow Jack?

I do like the plant column and anything that Mike Hellweg writes, (he's got an article about livebearers and talks about the myth of them needing salt LOL).  Charles Clapsaddle also has a good column.  The Takashi Amano articles have turned into nothing more than advertisements for their rediculously priced items.

I guess if I didn't have Amazonas to compare TFH to, I might still be satisfied with their magazine.....

Dennis

GOOD GRIEF !!!!!!!!,,,did you say salt?...oh my....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....oh no
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 12, 2014, 06:58:26 PM

Dennis

I still get it and like you I'm wondering why.  Every now and then you'll get a good read out of it but it seems like the same stuff is rehashed again and again.  Maybe I've been reading it too long.  I used to subscribe to FAMA too before they discontinued it.  LOL. I look forward to my AMAZONAS. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on May 12, 2014, 07:10:19 PM
GOOD GRIEF !!!!!!!!,,,did you say salt?...oh my....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL....oh no

Yeah, imagine that!!!  Got Ron's email address???  I'll forward him a link.  LOL LOL LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 12, 2014, 08:00:20 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on May 12, 2014, 07:10:19 PM

Yeah, imagine that!!!  Got Ron's email address???  I'll forward him a link.  LOL LOL LOL

Dennis

LOL...be nice ;D....I'll send it..... :o
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

I did not used to for a while, but now I am getting TFH.
A year or two ago (on earth day) I got a special one day deal of a $0.99 electronic only subscription which I get one day (Earth day) a year to resubscribe to.

Too sweet a deal to pass up on.

At that price I just think of the positives of it. I really like Charles Clapsaddle's column. Worth the price of admission for me.

There was a time when FAMA would have articles on really weird things like biofilters growing on sulphur which I found interesting, but of course that's gone now.

BallAquatics

I enjoyed Aquarium Fish International for years, but they have come & gone also.....

Dennis