• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 01:30:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,343
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 457
Total: 457

Freezing Friday

Started by wsantia1, December 23, 2022, 05:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. It's not freezing yet but the temps will be dropping quickly from the current 47 degrees into the teens by this afternoon. I am home at the moment but I will be leaving in the morning to go to NYC. It looks like the precip will be gone but the temps will remain in the teens or single digits when I get ready to leave.

Today I will be mostly hanging around the fishroom making sure everything is good before I leave for a weekend back to my real (NYC) home.

Wishing you all a great day and for those of you in the storm zone stay warm and safe.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Morning all.  It's a balmy -8 here, with the wind chill -30.  The forecast says it will warm up to -1 later this afternoon.  All is good though, powers on, food in the fridge...

Stay safe and warm folks, enjoy your day LOL

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 23, 2022, 06:00:12 AM
Morning all.  It's a balmy -8 here, with the wind chill -30.  The forecast says it will warm up to -1 later this afternoon.  All is good though, powers on, food in the fridge...

Stay safe and warm folks, enjoy your day LOL

...brrrr!...it's a good thing you have your refrigerator to keep your food from freezing!!!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Good chilly morning you guys and gals!..

We don't have it so bad with the weather here, thank whatever gods there may be...I hope all of you will be safe and warm wherever you are or will be (Willie  ;) )...

We're going to sign on the sale of our last rental today...I will miss the income, but hope to find something we can invest in that will feel good to us...

We'll be going to Costco today since we didn't make it there yesterday...probably going to be a madhouse...

Nice to see you pop in here Dennis...still working at Wally-World?...and how is your weather for riding now?... ??? ??? ???

Be safe everyone...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Hi Willie, Hi Ron, it's nice to drop by every once in awhile.

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 23, 2022, 09:15:34 AM
Nice to see you pop in here Dennis...still working at Wally-World?...and how is your weather for riding now?... ??? ??? ???

No more WalMart, quit there about 2 1/2 years ago and started a part-time gig with Home Depot.  I normally work Tues, Wed, & Thurs.  Gets me out of the house.....

No riding, I draw the limit at around 40 degrees, below that I need to bundle up to the point that's it takes the enjoyment out of the experience.  I have been working on the new bike, new to me, ( it's 40 years old ), and the others as well.  Getting them ready for spring and the twisty roads of Southern Ohio and points further south.

LizStreithorst

I'd certainly like working at home depot better than Walmart.  But everyone is different in what they get from a job.  I also enjoy your obsession with your old bikes.  Having an obsession had always been part of my life.  Mine right now is breeding my blue based SS.  The spawn from the first pair gave me aa a breeder of good fish.

It was 16 when I got up.  It's all of 27 right now.  I sure do bundle up when I go out to feed Charlotte.

Other than doing chores that I enjoy I've played in the fish room and watched fish.  I have a spawn of blue based SS's that I thought would free swim today, but it's looking like it will be tomorrow. 

I am in love with the stand alone gas heater I bought with money from the $1000. guy.  It keeps me warmer that the central heat does.  I think it's because it puts out radiant heat warms me from the inside our.  The heat from my central gas heat warms me from the outside in. 

All I'm doing today is enjoying myself.  My fun and new chore for later is to put my London broil in marinade which is where the roast will stay until a couple of hours before I want to cook it.  Believe it or not, this will be my first time making a London broil to be the centerpiece of the meal.  If it doesn't come out tender and flavor I will be pissed.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 23, 2022, 12:43:01 PM
Hi Willie, Hi Ron, it's nice to drop by every once in awhile.

Quote from: Ron Sower on December 23, 2022, 09:15:34 AM

No more WalMart, quit there about 2 1/2 years ago and started a part-time gig with Home Depot.  I normally work Tues, Wed, & Thurs.  Gets me out of the house.....

No riding, I draw the limit at around 40 degrees, below that I need to bundle up to the point that's it takes the enjoyment out of the experience.  I have been working on the new bike, new to me, ( it's 40 years old ), and the others as well.  Getting them ready for spring and the twisty roads of Southern Ohio and points further south.
...I remember now that you switched to Home Depot...but 2.5 years ago!?...time flies...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron