• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:45:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 763
Total: 764

New Discus-Sneak Peek

Started by PaulineMi, May 28, 2014, 11:58:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Not good photos and only three of the five new discus that arrived today. Didn't want to stress them with lights and camera.  I'm addicted to discus...even though angels are my first love.   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Albino Blue Diamond...right out of the bag

Tiger Stripe Turquoise (I think) and Mandarin Passion (will be red with white face)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

..eye poppers, for sure......nice picks for your collection  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Very nice looking right out of the bag.  Can't wait to see you're pictures once you get them settled.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Scott

Barb

Just gorgeous Pauline, you did good at ordering! 
Barb

LizStreithorst

They are excellent.  Are they from Kenny?  I especially like the ABD.  It used to be my favorite strain.  Did I ever mention that I purchased the first ABDs imported to the States?    The first time I saw a pic of one was when I was looking at photos of the winners at a big Discus show in Asia.  I fell slam in love then and there.  Back then, mine were terribly expensive ($230. for a 2 1/2" fish) and not near the quality as yours.  Best of luck with them.
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Thanks to each one of you. The extra treat is that they come to the front of the tank when I'm in the area even though they've only been here a few hours.

Liz, this group is from Josie and Miranda at Chicago Discus. They've been a treat to work with and I'm really happy with the discus they sent. :)  It's interesting to hear that you purchased the first ABDs brought to the U.S. I can understand why you liked them so much. The one I received just happened to be in the first bag I opened. It took my breath away.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

LizStreithorst

I know Josie.  She and I butted heads for a while but my attitude about her changed.  She's a hoot at NADA.  I won't be there this year.  I'll miss seeing her and all my other Discus friends.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Josie's good people...we see her all the time at the GCCA swaps, etc.....they do put on some stunning discus to display there.... ;D

It's good to here that they're settling in just fine... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Here's a decent picture I was able to get tonight.  This is a Tiger Striped Turquoise. I'm definitely pleased with the discus Josie and Miranda sent.

BallAquatics

Those are gorgeous fish Pauline.

Dennis

wsantia1

That is one nice looking fish Pauline. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

Thanks Dennis and Willie.   :)