• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 11:05:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 732
Total: 732

I'm not surprised

Started by LizStreithorst, May 01, 2014, 05:33:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Either a near  miracle  happened in my tanks or the F1 Cuipeau that Jon's Discus sold me are  albino intermediates.  The intermediates all look like Alanquers because it was an Alanquer pair that produced the first albino Discus.  I've seen the wigglers and free swimmers.  Many are solid white rather than black.

I don't know why he sold them as F1 wilds.  I bought them because I liked the look of the fish.  I resent the fact that he misled me.

Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

He probably crossed a 'wild' to a domestic....the domestic was likely carrying an Albino...your Discus pair just happens to both be 'het' for the Albino gene.....my best guess anyway...your pair is 50% 'wild' as F1's....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

He's not a breeder.  He's an importer.  If they were F1 Cuipeui as he said they would have produced more of the same unless a very very very very rare thing happened from the 6 fish I purchased from him. 

Mugwump

Ah....then yes, he has some explaining to do....yep... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GeorgeG

He may have only told you what was sold to him since he imports

LizStreithorst

That won't do, George.  As far as I'm concerned an importer should be able to trust his supplier when it comes to the health of the fish and the ancestry of the fish.  If an importer can't even do the basics, he ain't worth much.

BallAquatics

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 01, 2014, 08:36:25 PM
As far as I'm concerned an importer should be able to trust his supplier when it comes to the health of the fish and the ancestry of the fish.

Good luck with that Liz.  Most of these folks are at the mercy of the exporter to be truthful about what they are selling, and in my experience, most are not.  They know what's hot and name their available fish accordingly.....  If I had a nickel for every time I purchased fish xyz, but then when they came in they were fish abc, I'd have enough money to go collect my own fish.  LOL

Dennis