• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 01:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,347
  • Total Topics: 18,541
  • Online today: 815
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 776
Total: 776

Questions for P2Angels2

Started by LizStreithorst, April 29, 2014, 01:12:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

What size breeding tank do you have the pair in?  What temp do you keep it at?  What is your TDS?  How many eggs more or less do they lay and what percentage of the eggs turn white?
Always move forward. Never look back.

P4Angels2

they are in a 40 breeder that has a sand substrate and fairly heavily planted with a few plecos in it which they don't seem to mind, temp is about 82-84 not sure of the tds as we don't usually test it anymore when we found that the water we have is awesome!! they are a part of the automatic water change that Aron set up, they are feed frozen blood worm along with regular flake and cobalt flakes, she started out with maybe 10 eggs but has since been advancing with the amounts. this time I think that there are about 20 newly free swimming fry in with them, we have also pulled their cone out as they seem to go like clock work once a week. There usually is very little that turn white as both are excellent in caring for the eggs, I think maybe 1 or 2 turn white. this last batch they did excellent with the fry up til the day they spawned and they ate them

P4Angels

"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

LizStreithorst

The male is doing his job.  The female lays very few eggs.  Something ain't right.  We'll figure it out. 

P4Angels2

I have to say that after pulling the cone from their tank these 2 have really surprised us!! we have been graced with being able to watch these 20+ little guys grow and begin eating brine...Mom and Dad seem to know that we are trying to get them to eat other things besides the slime coat!! The will swim over into the brine and then swim away leaving the kids behind..and you can tell when they get a mouth full they begin to look like little pac man's swimming around to get it!!!!

LizStreithorst

Congrats!  You're doing way better with your pair than I am with mine.