• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 06:43:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 930
  • Online ever: 930
  • (Today at 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 770
Total: 770

I've been chatting with Hansie

Started by LizStreithorst, March 27, 2014, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hansie is this guy:  https://scontent-a-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/942363_10151866597464027_2140348611_n.jpg
I like him a lot.  He knows all about my virus and what it did to my fish and who I got it from.  Hansie doesn't quite think as I do that the guy should burn in hell, but he comes close.

We've been emailing about my new test fish.  I want a big fine breeding age probable female Silver Pigeon.  He said that I should try a couple of cheap small fish first.  I replied that I have a big fine proven male spotted White Pigeon yearning for her.  I also said that if any Discus I buy gets sick from mine I will throw away all my Discus, sterilize all their tanks and be done with them forever.  I told him that I will wait another month if he think I should but I can't put the test off forever.

I know that he'll advise me well.  I also know that he will send me the best probable female Silver Pigeon in his next shipment from Stendker.  He knows the decision is mine.  We've known one another for a long time and we are good buddies.   

Always move forward. Never look back.

LizStreithorst

Dang!  Hansie put his foot down.  He refused to sell me a good fine fish.  He will send me two small fish and told me to put one in with the Angels and one with the Discus.  I have no choice but to do as he says.  He's the only one I can depend to to get totally clean fish from.  I thought the decision was up to me.  He had a stronger hand.  He out "Germaned" a Streithorst! 

Mugwump

Well, you'll know one way or another now. This is good.  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Hi Liz, I agree with the way Hans wants you to proceed.  Good luck!
Barb

Frank The Plumber

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

LizStreithorst

Wrong, Frank.  Hans is from Holland.  That doesn't alter the fact that he out Germaned me.

LizStreithorst

Hansie is my best Discus friend now.  He doesn't want me to endure another big disappointment.  I finally figured out that although he pretends to be all business, in reality he is all heart.  Who'd have thunk?

LizStreithorst

Been emailing Hansie again.  He wanted me to wait another month so I have. 

I'll keep y'all informed.  My extra month will be up on June 1st.  If my existing fish make my new fish sick I will trash all the fish in the fish room and start from scratch.  I know that my Angels are highly resistant to this virus, and that I'm way more into Angels than Discus now, but I can't stand the thought of possibly selling a fish that might make somebody else's fish sick.

I'm on pins and needles.  Waiting for time to pass is the easy part.  Putting my fish through the health test is the hard part.  So many generations of breeding hb's potentially lost.  Please keep your fingers crossed for me.

wsantia1

I hope you have nothing but success on your health test. Fingers crossed here.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I'm sure that all will go well..... ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Here's wishing you nothing but success Liz.

Dennis

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Hans has my best interest at heart.  He'll sell me the adult female spotted Silver Pigeon that I want, but in his German way (I know, he's Dutch)  hehas advised me against it.  I'll follow his advice even though I hate wasting money on fish I don't want.  Shipping on Discus is always FedEx priority over night.  It costs a damn and a arm and a leg

Everyone's fingers are crossed.  Even if everything turn to poo poo I will move on.  It will certainly not be the worst thing I've been through.

JR

It will be ok Liz. I am sure you will do well
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Barb

Got my fingers crossed Liz, and we here will all be waiting to hear how it goes,
Barb