• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 15, 2024, 10:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,351
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 872
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 740
Total: 740

eggs

Started by LizStreithorst, February 12, 2014, 02:16:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

I plopped an F1 Cuipeau pair in a breeding tank Monday.  Got eggs today.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 12, 2014, 02:16:22 PM
I plopped an F1 Cuipeau pair in a breeding tank Monday.  Got eggs today.

Dang girl !!!....it's pretty fertile down that way... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.....keep playing the Barry White...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

lol  Number one hb pair put down another spawn today as well.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 12, 2014, 02:46:28 PM
lol  Number one hb pair put down another spawn today as well.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

...how's the spawns looking??....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Your grand kids look like they'll free swim today.  Nice big spawn with very few white eggs.  I don't think the Discus eggs will hatch, but they have an excuse.  I took the pair from straight aged tap and plopped them in to a tank with almost straight RO.  Number one hb pair failed again.  Eggs all turned white and dropped off the cone.  I can find no reason for this.  The water is perfect.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on February 14, 2014, 07:22:45 AM
Your grand kids look like they'll free swim today.  Nice big spawn with very few white eggs.  I don't think the Discus eggs will hatch, but they have an excuse.  I took the pair from straight aged tap and plopped them in to a tank with almost straight RO.  Number one hb pair failed again.  Eggs all turned white and dropped off the cone.  I can find no reason for this.  The water is perfect.

Super!!!!....you'll like the fry ;D....bunches ;D

Sorry to hear about the others tho...just keep the water stable and next time will be better for sure. ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I have faith in the Discus pair.  I'm loosing faith in the hb/ps's.

LizStreithorst

The Discus had six eggs hatch yesterday when none should have.  I can't believe the parents.  They moved the six wigglers out of the fungused unhatched eggs to the lift tube.  They're guarding them as if they had a spawn of 200.

Mug, your grand kids moved their wigglers to the sponge filter.  Looks like it will be tomorrow before they free swim. 

Another pair of hb's spawned.  I'm not expecting much.  They've eaten them the last 5 times.

Mugwump

Go go g'kids... ;D....I'm serious, I think watching the 'mutiny' is one of the greatest things that a hobbyists can watch.....I'm mesmerized watching as they begin their little lives on their own....awesome... ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

It is a wonderful sight.  I hate it when I miss it.  I'm lucky.  I'm home tomorrow.  I'll get to see it.

b125killer

Good luck with them all. Sounds like you have been busy.
Scott

LizStreithorst

Quote from: b125killer on February 15, 2014, 06:26:10 PM
Good luck with them all. Sounds like you have been busy.

Not as busy as I would like but enough to give be a bit of joy.

PaulineMi

Joy.....the grand reward for caring for our critters. 
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

LizStreithorst

Mug's grand kids are taking their own sweet time deciding to free swim.  Angel wigglers seem to take forever.

I did a wipe down on the Discus pair guarding the six wigglers.  I wanted to get the tank clean for the next spawn.  The female bit me!  It actually almost hurt!  Discus have teeth!   

I sure wish I could get my RO unit working.  Everything I have tried has failed.  I find myself praying for rain so I can collect enough water to do WC on my breeders.