• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 09:27:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 601
Total: 601

Fears prompt recall of 1.4 million

Started by BallAquatics, July 28, 2015, 02:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Fiat Chrysler has announced it is conducting a voluntary recall to update software in approximately 1.4 million vehicles across the US. The recall is a bid to safeguard its cars from a remote hijacking exploit that allows hackers to flick a ?kill switch? and cut off a vehicle?s engine as it drives along the highway.

What Bozo though this was a good thing?

http://www.sciencealert.com/remote-hijacking-fears-prompt-fiat-chrysler-to-recall-1-4-million-hackable-vehicles

Dennis

LizStreithorst

A customer and I talked about that this afternoon.  She asked me why I haven't been taking my dogs with me to work.  I told her that Charlotte has no AC and although The Beast does, he's so big that it takes until I'm half way home to get cool.  She has auto start on her vehicle so she turns it on and the car is cool when she gets in.  I don't know if her vehicle could be hacked into, but I told her that the advantage to having old ones is that nobody can do that.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

My '92 Isuzu finally gave out so I'm now driving Pop's '99 S-10.  It's spent most of it's life in the garage as they usually took Mom's car so it looks like new.  I guess it is new, it only had 34,000 miles on it when I started driving it.

Looks just like this one.....

Dennis

LizStreithorst

We are kindred spirits.  The Beast is a '99 and my darling Charlotte is an '89 and has the old square body.  Both very low mileage for their age.  When I bought The Beast brand new I wanted him to last until I was dead.  But after he sat up for 4 years I and started driving him again he started having problems.  He's a Diesel and had to be towed in to my Diesel man and was expensive to fix and I was stuck having to borrow  a vehicle to get back and forth to work.  I hate being in the position of having to borrow.  So I bought my love, Charlotte.  Now, if one of them has to be hauled off for repair I'm not left in a distressing position.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 28, 2015, 03:46:05 PM
We are kindred spirits.  The Beast is a '99 and my darling Charlotte is an '89 and has the old square body.  Both very low mileage for their age.  When I bought The Beast brand new I wanted him to last until I was dead.  But after he sat up for 4 years I and started driving him again he started having problems.  He's a Diesel and had to be towed in to my Diesel man and was expensive to fix and I was stuck having to borrow  a vehicle to get back and forth to work.  I hate being in the position of having to borrow.  So I bought my love, Charlotte.  Now, if one of them has to be hauled off for repair I'm not left in a distressing position.

Jan's Blazer is a '99.....my Tahoe an '04..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I have every one beat.  My love Charlotte is an '89 and she's a true Gem.

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: LizStreithorst on July 28, 2015, 08:54:40 PM
I have every one beat.  My love Charlotte is an '89 and she's a true Gem.
Not so fast.
I've got an 89 too.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were