• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 09:46:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 82
Total: 82

That day again....LOL

Started by Mugwump, September 04, 2013, 08:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Still nice out....may just take a nice walk...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

And keeping with the box theme on hump day... 8)

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Oh geez, LOL...everyone enjoys a good box to play with... ;D...good find. ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

The day was piss poor for me.  I had two lousy dogs at work.  I sat on my thumb for a while. did my own Lhasa who is in full coat, went to the supermarket and came home.  Last week was busy for me but the barber across the street, who has been there forever, said that his business has sucked for the past two weeks.  He and I agreed that they will come back when they are ready and that there is no figuring business in Ellisville.  When they want to come the multitudes descend on us.  When they don't want to come we suffer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

It's the same with me Liz, either feast or famine.  I guess it's just the curse of the sole proprietor.  LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

Quote from: BallAquatics on September 04, 2013, 03:42:39 PM
It's the same with me Liz, either feast or famine.  I guess it's just the curse of the sole proprietor.  LOL

Dennis

I guess it is.  Whatever the reason, it is frustrating.  It's my own fault in a way.  For years I was a high volume shop.  When I opened up my one man show in Ellisville there was no high volume there. I sat in that shop for weeks and the phone would seldom ring.   Businesses open and close in Ellsville in less than a year's time.  That is the truth.  I have seen it with my own eyes.  Here today and gone tomorrow.

But I had cast my lot so decided to go another way.  I am in this little town in Nowhere and am the most expensive here and in the next two towns that call themselves cities.  I draw some from both.  My business is growing and the quality of my clients is better than it has ever been.  I do just fine.

Sorry I was such  a sissy about not much :-[   
Always move forward. Never look back.

PaulineMi

Liz I would venture to guess that with how fussy you are about quality the pups that leave your shop look wonderful. That's what will keep your business growing.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)