• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 09:28:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 88
Total: 88

Windows 10====>

Started by Mugwump, August 01, 2015, 09:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2015, 07:32:43 PM
Muggers darling, there is no sense in talking logically about this to someone who is too stupid even to be able to make her new printer work.  I will make the leap when I have no choice unless you want to drive down to Mississippi and show me how.

I don't know...???...got a Shoney's close by...?? ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

lol, you're afraid I'll serve you kidney stew ::)  I'm sure I can find a Shoney's to wine and dine you at, minus the wine ;D ;D ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 09, 2015, 08:05:43 PM
lol, you're afraid I'll serve you kidney stew ::)  I'm sure I can find a Shoney's to wine and dine you at, minus the wine ;D ;D ;D

Kidney stew likely isn't bad....after all, I like turkey giblets, and giblet gravy on my dressing, etc....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

virtual desktop rocks folks..... 8)
Jon

BallAquatics

Not quite as conveniently set-up as it is on Linux, but it's a step in the right direction.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2015, 07:53:52 AM
Not quite as conveniently set-up as it is on Linux, but it's a step in the right direction.

Dennis

LOL...having never used Linux....I'm in blind bliss then.... 8)
Jon

BallAquatics

The Windows 10 implementation is very similar to the Depot software version.  I've had Dexpt on a Windows 7 system for a couple of years with good results.  My be that Microsoft just bought rights to their software version and that's why they are so similar.....

http://www.dexpot.de/index.php?id=home

Dennis

wsantia1

Just went through the apps and deleted a whole bunch that were loaded during the install. I also updated a lot of the notifications after I had one interrupt my screen asking me "tell your friends how much you like windows 10".

I can see getting notifications if something was going on with my machine but I hate it when MS wants me to pitch their product. I also got the one to upgrade Office 10 to the subscription based Office 365. ??? I got Office 10 for free now they suggest I pay? Turned that one off too. I am sure there will be a few more tweaks necessary as I move along. So far I like it tho.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 10, 2015, 09:08:23 AM
So far I like it tho.

Same here.  I'm liking it on my laptops I should say.  It's pretty much a turd on my workstation, but I was expecting that.

I'm really liking the fact that under the hood nothing much has changed.  I won't need to spend much time learning where MS has hidden the important stuff as the icon to go straight to setting in the task bar is a very nice addition.

Dennis

Mugwump

I just dumped a bunch of apps too......been going through the notifications too.....no commercials yet.. 8)
Jon

BallAquatics

Hey hey, just got Virtual Box working!   :D

Running local webdev environment, ftp download of website files, youtube podcast, and pdf book all going in separate windows.....

Dennis

Mugwump

It puts a line under the icon, in the tray too...for open apps.....
Jon

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on August 10, 2015, 12:42:51 PM
It puts a line under the icon, in the tray taskbar too...for open apps.....

The tray is the area where the Speakers & New notifications icons are located.  LOL

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 10, 2015, 12:56:46 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on August 10, 2015, 12:42:51 PM
It puts a line under the icon, in the tray taskbar too...for open apps.....

The tray is the area where the Speakers & New notifications icons are located.  LOL

Dennis

;D....ok ok.....down there somewhere..................
Jon

BallAquatics