• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 20, 2024, 06:43:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 163
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 90
Total: 91

Beer

Started by LizStreithorst, November 11, 2012, 04:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sschind

Quote from: b125killer on November 11, 2012, 06:29:07 PM
I found in life the best beer is free beer LOL

No way, I remember a Bud distributor having free Bud and Bud Light nights at one of the local establishments when I was in college.  I'd pay for my Leinenkugels any day before I'd drink free Bud or Bud Light and I enjoyed the look on the faces of the reps when I told them.

Me  "I'll have a leinie's please"
Sales rep "its free Bud and Bud Light tonight"
Me "I know"
Sales rep - stupid look on his face
Me- enjoying a good beer

My philosophy "Life is too short to drink cheap beer"
Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

Mugwump

"Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza."
-Dave Barry

"The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind."
-Humphrey Bogart

"The sum of the matter is, the people drink because they wish to drink."
-Rudolph Brand

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot."
-Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI

"Beer will always have a definite role in the diet of an individual and can be considered a cog in the wheel of nutritional foods."
-Bruce Carlton

"No soldier can fight unless he is properly fed on beef and beer."
-John Churchill, First Duke of Marlborough

"Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me."
-Winston Churchill

"The roots and herbes beaten and put into new ale or beer and daily drunk, cleareth, strengtheneth and quickeneth the sight of the eyes."
-Nicholas Culpeper

"If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs."
-David Daye

"If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose."
-Jack Handy

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, 'It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver.'"
-Jack Handy

"Make sure that the beer - four pints a week - goes to the troops under fire before any of the parties in the rear get a drop."
-Winston Churchill to his Secretary of War, 1944

"A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her."
-W.C. Fields

"Everybody has to believe in something.....I believe I'll have another drink."
-W.C. Fields

"Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer."
-Dave Barry

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemmingway

"An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools."
-For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemmingway

"They who drink beer will think beer."
-Washington Irving

"One of the hallmarks of the baby boomer generation is that it doesn't live like the previous generation. It hasn't yet given up jeans and T-shirts or beer."
-Ron Klugman, SVP, Coors Brewing

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer."
-Abraham Lincoln

"We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old."
-Martin Luther

"Prohibition makes you want to cry into your beer and denies you the beer to cry into."
-Don Marquis

"You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on."
-Dean Martin

"Whoever serves beer or wine watered down, he himself deserves in them to drown."
-Medieval plea for pure libations

"Why is American beer served cold? So you can tell it from urine."
-David Moulton

"I drink to make other people interesting."
-George Jean Nathan

"May your glass be ever full. May the roof over your head be always strong. And may you be in heaven half an hour before the devil knows you're dead."
-Old Irish Toast

"A bar is better than a newspaper for public discussion."
-Jim Parker, on the importance of a healthy pub culture

"He was a wise man who invented beer."
-Plato

"God made pot. Man made beer. Who do you trust?"
-Restroom in The Irish Times, Washington DC

"Beer needs baseball, and baseball needs beer - it has always been thus."
-Peter Richmond

"Brewers enjoy working to make beer as much as drinking beer instead of working."
-Harold Rudolph

"I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer."
-Homer Simpson

"All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer."
-Homer Simpson

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."
-Frank Sinatra

"I never met a pub I didn't like."
-Pete Slosberg, Founder of Pete's Brewing Company

"[I recommend]? bread, meat, vegetables and beer."
-Sophocles' philosophy of a moderate diet

"This is grain, which any fool can eat, but for which the Lord intended a more divine means of consumption... Beer!"
-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves, Friar Tuck

"Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire."
-David Rains Wallace

"Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world."
-Kaiser Welhelm

"I'm going to buy a boat... do a little travelling, and I'm going to be drinking beer!"
-John Welsh, Brooklyn bus driver who won $30 million in the New York lottery

"Beer: So much more than just a breakfast drink."
-Whitstran Brewery sign

"Work is the curse of the drinking class."
-Oscar Wilde

"Who does not love beer, wine, women and song remains a fool his whole life long."
-Carl Worner

"When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading."
-Henny Youngman

"Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time."
-Catherine Zandonella

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."
-Frank Zappa

24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence?
-Stephen Wright

"When we drink, we get drunk. When we get drunk, we fall asleep. When we fall asleep, we commit no sin. When we commit no sin, we go to heaven. Sooooo, let's all get drunk and go to heaven!"
-Brian O'Rourke

"Beer: Helping ugly people have sex since 1862!"
-Anonymous

"To some its a six-pack, to me it's a Support Group."
-Anonymous

"Oh, lager beer! It makes good cheer, And proves the poor man's worth; It cools the body through and through, and regulates the health."
-Anonymous

"I would give all my fame for a pot of ale and safety."
-Shakespeare, Henry V

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

Most ales have silicates in them. Silicates help to give cells structure and retain water. Silicates strengthen hair and give skin it's shine and healthy glow. Ask any of the ladies on the chew or the gossip shows where they sit around and yap and they will expound the benefits of silicates for good skin tone and hair strength.

And then they all go out and drink red wine which is only good for giving one volumes of gas.

I have one beer each evening for the nutrient benefits and to keep my business healthy.

It helps my business because the beer lets me forget which customers were jack asses and so I still answer the phone whence they call.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

sschind

Quote from: Frank The Plumber on November 12, 2012, 08:39:09 PM

I have one beer each evening for the nutrient benefits and to keep my business healthy.

It helps my business because the beer lets me forget which customers were jack asses and so I still answer the phone whence they call.

One beer does that for you. ;D  It take me at least a six pack.  My customers must be bigger jack asses than yours.

Steve Schindler

If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People trying to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are.

HB

JR

Have not had a beer since 1991.  Did not like nothing but the ales. Could drink a case of little kings everynight. Now you know why I dont drink now. I was called a working drunk. Never missed a day of work.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

LizStreithorst

I should follow in your footsteps and quit.  I once quit for 25 years.  ATM, I perfer to keep on with by beer drinking.  If I get to caring about myself more I suppose I'll have to quit again. 

Yes, the Ale's are the best, but I'll drink swill.  Any beer is better than no beer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mir

You guys and your silly obsessions with alcoholic beverages....

I do not like alcoholic beverages, and I'm not even old enough anyway, lol.
I prefer sparkling grape juice. xD
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 17, 2012, 04:39:06 PM
Yes, the Ale's are the best, but I'll drink swill.  Any beer is better than no beer.

I used to draw the line at Hamm's beer....damn that stuff was awful.....yuk..
I haven't had a drink since July 1988....got rid of some ghosts with the help of a few good vet friends, and pulled the plug....I'd likely be dead now if I hadn't........
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

A vice must be committed to with respect to quality.

Drink...drink the best.
Smoke..smoke the best.
Women...only the best.
Cars...only the best.

In this way if you can not afford the best...you can not have the vice.

If the vice begins to destroy you...it will remove your capacity to enjoy it as the best it can be. Therefore you shall not alter from it.

In vices one must respect one's self enough to only have the best.

I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

JR

Iron City was the worst beer I ever had. It is funny how we dont forget some days. I stop 11-9-91 Thanks to my wife Patty.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day