• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 06, 2024, 09:53:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 634
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 543
Total: 543

Rainy Sunday

Started by BallAquatics, July 17, 2022, 11:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Morning all.  Thought I'd drop in and see how you're all doing.

Cool and rainy here today.  Lord knows we need some rain and so far it looks like we are going to get a nice soaking rain.  My tomatoes will be loving it.

Have a wonderful Sunday my friends!

wsantia1

Good afternoon Dennis and everyone. It feels like a sauna outside after the heavy Thorms last night. It's only 83 degrees but with the humidity as high as it is it feels oppressive.

Not much to do outside today so I jumped on my water changes and did some tidying up in the fishroom this morning. I think it will soon be time to downsize my operation so for the next meeting I will bring most of my shrimp and about a half dozen or so Angels.

Eventually I will be getting rid of all of the angels except for the Altums and there are only 3 of those left. I'd love to get down to about 10 small tanks in total.

Other than that I have nothing else going on today. What are the rest of you guys up to?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Hi Dennis and Willie.  It's hot and dry here.  Clouds and thunder and winds come but never the rains.  I'm going to give up on watering my veggie garden.  I'm tired to death of squash and the stink bugs and leaf footed bugs destroyed all but my earliest maters. They are hard buggers to kill except by mushing them or thumping them into a bowl of soapy water.  chewing insects are easy to kill.  Sucking insects like these are a different story.  Right now it's to hot for the flowers to even set fruit.  My Poblano Pepper is the only thing still producing.

I honestly think that I have accomplished anything today except for vacuuming
up chicken feathers.  In fact, I got tired of having Olivia in the house.  I thought that she's learn more after she was inside for a while but she's not smart like Olivia was.  She's a stupid chicken.  I tossed her outside a while ago.  It's a PITA picking up chicken shit and chicken feathers all the time.

I'm sure that Barb is busy getting everything set up for her surgery tomorrow.  Good luck Barb.  You are lucky that there's a surgery that can fix you.  From everything I hear and read hip replacement is a piece of cake.  Knee surgery like Ron had is what's difficult.  Chin up.  You will be so happy when you can walk again without pain,

Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Hi friends...

Been really busy yesterday and today...I'm getting all the WC done slowly but surely...cleaning filters, etc...just have the 2   75g tanks to do tonight...I put an old armoire out to the curb for anyone to take but the storm brewed up last night and blew it over and tore up some of it so I just finished taking all the boards apart and stacking them on the carport...the wood might work for a project I have in mind for the future...

We'll be leaving tomorrow around 11am to get our flight to Wa....this afternoon we're going to go trim some eucalyptus branches to take with us for Lucy to use in an arrangement for the arches in the wedding venue next Saturday...this will be interesting!...I've taken Texas holy rock from Austin area on Southwest Airlines to Wa, and now I'm going to take trees back there. On SWA!!! :D :D :D

Stan will be staying here to take care of the fish at his place an ours...Barb will fly up later to be there for the wedding and festivities ...they've known Emery and have participated in her life since her early high school days...

All's well here...hope it is where you are!...

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Barb I am wishing you the best on your surgery. I know a couple of folks that went through what you are having and they are doing great. I'm sure that you will do great too. |^| |^| |^| |^| |^|
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.