• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:06:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 570
Total: 570

My Best Discus

Started by b125killer, January 16, 2015, 10:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Liz, Please tell me what you think of this guy. He's my best discus and one of my favorite fish ever!
I got all the discus in there new home. They have been in there a few days. I love the new lighting. It makes there colors pop! I didn't realize he had this much blue showing in the old tank.   
I also found a little discus behind the 40 gallon when I moved it today. He was discus jerky! poor little guy. :(

Scott

Mugwump

Scott, what a great pic....that's one very nice looking discus.....the colors just pop !!...Wow !
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

Hi, not Liz here, but to my eyes he is a gorgeous fish Scott.  I would be very happy to have him in my discus tank for sure.  May I ask where you got your discus?
Barb

wsantia1

I don't know much about Discus, but to me he is a great looking specimen. Great job Scott! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

That's eye candy for sure Scott.  Great picture of your special fish.

Sorry about the "jerky-fied" fishy.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Thanks guys,  he's my spoiled little buddy.  I got him from Sair, I don't know his last  name. He breeds them and live close to me. Jon Knows him too.
Scott

LizStreithorst

It's a very beautiful fish, Scott.  I can't fault it on shape and overall balance.  The pattern is a little muddy but that is secondary.  My compliments to Sair for breeding it and to you for growing it out.

It looks like it is not yet full grown.  Am I right? 

If it were my fish and if Sair were going to NADA I'd suggest you let Sair show it in the homebred class.  It's a good fish and it has an excellent chance of winning.  To go in the home bred class costs nothing more, but the fish does have to compete in the regular classes as well.   It would have a hard time against the imports because the exporters send their US distributers the best fish for a show.  They'd beat your fish on clairity of pattern.

I would love to have fat round Turk like yours in my tanks.  I would have to breed it.  It's a quality fish. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Thanks So much Liz, I was hoping you would like him. I'll talk to Sair and see if he's going to go. It's neat to think I have a fish that could be a show fish. If you don't mind I would like to post your comment on my Facebook page. I would leave names out.
You are right he is still growing. I'm not to sure how much more he'll grow he's already pushing around the 5 inch mark. I know he'll get more blues in him too.   
Scott

LizStreithorst

If you don't quote me on facebook I will be offended.
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

Thanks I just wanted to make sure. some people don't like Facebook. I'm talking To Sair now. I'm not sure yet what his plans are. I hope he wants to show it.  I wouldn't care if I won or not just to say I had a fish in a competition like that would be so cool.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 17, 2015, 09:36:27 PM
Thanks I just wanted to make sure. some people don't like Facebook. I'm talking To Sair now. I'm not sure yet what his plans are. I hope he wants to show it.  I wouldn't care if I won or not just to say I had a fish in a competition like that would be so cool.

I'm sure that Sair would go for it..... ;D ...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson