• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 08:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 542
Total: 542

150 gallon tank

Started by b125killer, January 11, 2015, 07:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Here is the start of my new tank. I still need to get plants for it. once I know everyone is doing good I'll put the other discus in there.

This is the male Elephant Ear Betta. He's a little hard to take a pic of, the little guy is on non-stop mode! I guess is I started out in a cup and found my way into a big tank I wouldn't want to stop swimming either!

This is my new discus. I was told it's a honeycomb? He seemed so lonely in the big tank by him self. So I put In two stunted fish to keep him company. One of Jon's L144 plecos photo bombed the pic! LOL

Scott

Mugwump

I like it....nice job Scott.....white sand???...plants will help a lot too....it'll 'mellow' out the light a bit....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

The discus are around 4 inches. They look lost in there. Lot's of room to stretch there fins. I'll get plants at the GCCA swap.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 11, 2015, 07:59:46 PM
The discus are around 4 inches. They look lost in there. Lot's of room to stretch there fins. I'll get plants at the GCCA swap.

...that's pretty good size tank tho.... ;D....what's the foot print....six footer??
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

it's 60x24x24, Not as long as most 150g. It's wider and has the rounded corners, that's hard to see in the pic.
Scott

Mugwump

Quote from: b125killer on January 11, 2015, 08:22:10 PM
it's 60x24x24, Not as long as most 150g. It's wider and has the rounded corners, that's hard to see in the pic.

Sweet....I've seen those...glass tops and all??
Jon

b125killer

yep, it came with lights, but i didn't like them. They where power compact and saltwater lights. It would cost more to replace the bulbs then the new light cost. I also got a fluval 406 and filstar xp4.   
Scott

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JR

Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Ron Sower

If I may ask, Scott, how much did you pay for it?  I'm not trying to be rude, and you could PM me if you don't want to publicize.  I'm looking for a 75g tank, stand, canopy and glass tops to replace my 55g. Mainly I want the 48x18 footprint so I can grow more plants than I can in the 36x18 I have now. Also, It will allow a couple more fish.

I have usually paid $1/gal for tank only.  I saw a 65g on CL last night for $150 that has the footprint, stand, canopy and glass lids. It is 18'' tall so that will allow more light to the plants too. If I'm over the crud I had yesterday, I think I will go see it today after I go see a client. $2 per gallon is great around here for the complete setup. I don't need any filters or substrate.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi

Quote from: b125killer on January 11, 2015, 08:37:02 PM
yep, it came with lights, but i didn't like them. They where power compact and saltwater lights. It would cost more to replace the bulbs then the new light cost. I also got a fluval 406 and filstar xp4.

Good move on changing light fixtures. I had a PC light fixture a while back. Those bulbs get very HOT!
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

b125killer

Ron I paid for $350 the hole set up. I sold the lightning and one of the filters for $150. But I also paid $140 for the new lights. If the tank is different I'll pay more.  Like the round corners or a bow front.
Scott

Ron Sower

I'd call that a good deal!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron