• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 18, 2024, 12:13:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 40
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 40
Total: 40

Early escape.....

Started by BallAquatics, December 08, 2014, 12:46:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Papa Pucallpa Gold is tending fry again.

At some point, this little dickens made an early escape from the cave.

Dennis

Mugwump

Congrat's....the mutiny begins... ;D   within a few days they'll all be out.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

That is a really good picture of that fry

PaulineMi

That's so cool.  Great pictures as usual.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

Thanks folks!  Everybody's getting happy in the fish room.

Dennis

GeorgeG

So what are you feeding those little guys when they swim on their own. Is the Zucchini OK

Mugwump

I use micro worms, a fine powder type food that Bob makes called 'egg foo yung', and even a squirt of bbs sometimes....plus a thin slice of zucchini here and there.....

Dennis should chime in soon with his feeding regime too......
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BillT

Nice close-up of the fry Dennis!

BallAquatics

Quote from: GeorgeG on December 08, 2014, 06:08:35 PM
So what are you feeding those little guys when they swim on their own. Is the Zucchini OK

Zucchini is a great food for Ancistrus plecos.  These guys need a diet that is 90 percent plants and 10 percent animal proteins.  Like Otocinclus cats, they have a long gut designed to digest plant material and too much animal protien can cause them problems.

I feed fresh veggies, zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes.  Prepared foods, spirulina sticks, catfish scrapers, Repashy 'Soilent Green'.

Dennis

BallAquatics

Quote from: BillT on December 08, 2014, 07:02:14 PM
Nice close-up of the fry Dennis!

Thanks Bill.  Do fish have multiple heart chambers?  When I was watching that little guy, and even in the video, you can see what appears to be two different chambers filling with blood.....  the red spot seems to alternate between the two chambers.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 08, 2014, 07:41:06 PM
Quote from: GeorgeG on December 08, 2014, 06:08:35 PM

Zucchini is a great food for Ancistrus plecos.  These guys need a diet that is 90 percent plants and 10 percent animal proteins.  Like Otocinclus cats, they have a long gut designed to digest plant material and too much animal protien can cause them problems.

I feed fresh veggies, zucchini, carrots, sweet potatoes.  Prepared foods, spirulina sticks, catfish scrapers, Repashy 'Soilent Green'.

Dennis

and a much better explanation than mine....thanks Dennis....babies/fry, I do start off as mentioned tho..I build em up to veggies....my BN tanks are kept heavy with algae for the beginner's foraging snacks too...

Jon

BillT

QuoteDo fish have multiple heart chambers?  When I was watching that little guy, and even in the video, you can see what appears to be two different chambers filling with blood.....  the red spot seems to alternate between the two chambers.

That's probably what you are seeing Dennis. Not sure about all fish, but at least zebraifsh have two heart chambers, an atrium (receiving blood from veins) and a ventricle (pumping it out; first to the gills to get oxygen, then to the rest of the body.
The heart starts out as an expanded slightly bent tube. It than gets more twisted up as development proceeds.

Humans have 4 chambers two atria and two ventricles; with pumping loops for oxygenating the blood and then for supplying the body.