• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 01:22:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 563
Total: 563

Tiger Botia

Started by b125killer, November 22, 2014, 09:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

I got a Tiger Botia Friday. I have been wanting one for some time. He's in a Q.T. tank now. I can't wait to get him in with the clown and yoyo loaches I hope they play nicely together.

Scott

LizStreithorst

I have no clue about what that fish is like.  He sure does look like a predator.  He is beautiful.  His length and his stripes and his spots turn me on.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on November 22, 2014, 09:01:50 PM
I got a Tiger Botia Friday. I have been wanting one for some time. He's in a Q.T. tank now. I can't wait to get him in with the clown and yoyo loaches I hope they play nicely together.

Nice Scott. ;D Hopefully he does well with your other loaches. ;D  They get quite big don't they?
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Another adventure from Scott begins..... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Nice Scott.  Several years back I was into loaches. I have a real nice book on them. There are a great deal of different types of loaches.   All I have left now are two sumo loaches and a chain loach.

Loaches can be very entertaining. I believe there is a "loaches.com" forum, if still around, that had a section for funny loach pictures. Definitely  entertaining.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on November 23, 2014, 07:37:14 AM
Nice Scott.  Several years back I was into loaches. I have a real nice book on them. There are a great deal of different types of loaches.   All I have left now are two sumo loaches and a chain loach.

Loaches can be very entertaining. I believe there is a "loaches.com" forum, if still around, that had a section for funny loach pictures. Definitely  entertaining.

This it??...

http://forums.loaches.com/viewforum.php?f=1
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That's  it.  Go into "Funny Loach Pictures" for a little morning humor.  :)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

b125killer

Thanks guys, They are of a predatory nature. Mostly on snails, worms, and small fish. If there not kept in groups with other botia's they can get aggressive. They  need to be in a school of at least 5 fish. He will grow to be around 10 inches.
I had to put him in with the other loachs early. He was eating fine and he's nice and fit. but He wouldn't come out from behind the filter for more tank a few second to eat a few worms then dart back behind the filter. After I put him in with the other loaches he did a 180. He's out swimming with them and finding he's place in the group and coming to the top to eat with the group. They truly need to be in groups to thrive.
I like Loaches.com they have a lot of info on loaches. It's my go to site when I want to know loach info.
here's another pic. it's not the best but this was only a few minuets in his new home. That's Lil Willie behind the tiger loach.

Scott

PaulineMi

Neat picture. Are there actually four loaches in your photo?

b125killer

Yep there two clowns and the yo yo. There always on top of each other. they constantly redefining the hierarchy. that's why the need to be in groups.
Scott

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on November 25, 2014, 08:57:00 AM
Thanks guys, They are of a predatory nature. Mostly on snails, worms, and small fish. If there not kept in groups with other botia's they can get aggressive. They  need to be in a school of at least 5 fish. He will grow to be around 10 inches.
I had to put him in with the other loachs early. He was eating fine and he's nice and fit. but He wouldn't come out from behind the filter for more tank a few second to eat a few worms then dart back behind the filter. After I put him in with the other loaches he did a 180. He's out swimming with them and finding he's place in the group and coming to the top to eat with the group. They truly need to be in groups to thrive.
I like Loaches.com they have a lot of info on loaches. It's my go to site when I want to know loach info.
here's another pic. it's not the best but this was only a few minuets in his new home. That's Lil Willie behind the tiger loach.

Thanks for giving Lil Willie a great home Scott.  He looks very happy. ;D ;D ;D

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Thanks Willie, and Thanks For giving him to me. He is a special loach for me.
Scott

Mugwump

Neat pic... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D  more snails, bro  ;D ;D ;D
Jon

b125killer

These guy will eat up snails like nothing. It's kind of nice not having a snail problem. I just gather the snails up and put them in with the loaches.
Scott

PaulineMi