• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 03:01:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 559
Total: 559

Jon's fish

Started by b125killer, December 02, 2012, 09:23:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

Thanks Jon for getting me the hoods and  St Isabel/Rio Negro pair. They are some nice fish but man are they skittish. I'm going to get the other 10 gallon going for the rams and put the St Isabel/Rio Negro in the 20 high and see what happens. I also need to move the BN's
I was playing with my New phone that my wife got me for Christmas. and took a couple pics of Jon's fish

here is His St Isabel/Rio Negro

some more of the  St Isabel/Rio Negro fry

and this is one of Jon's fish room. My phone has a  panoramic mode that I was playing with.
Scott

BillT

New fish are frequently skittish for me.

That panorama shot is pretty cool.
Am I right in assuming that the wall looking like it bends is some kind of optical effect?

b125killer

i'm not to sure why it looks like the wall is bending. I took the pic sitting in front of the to tank in the center and you just move the phone to the sideways. That's the first time i tried to use the  panoramic mode.

I have had some skittish fish before but these beauties are by far the worst for being skittish. they both fined there bags and banging into the sides when i was looking at them. then they tried to jump out of the container that I use to acclimate  my fish. Now they are in the corner of the fish tank  pouting. but they are gorgeous fish. I will take some pics when they settle down.   
Scott

Mugwump

Yes, these wild, wild crosses, are some of the most tempermental angels that I've ever had....they will settle down tho....the fry are the Manacapuru/ PB silver crosses...it was good to see you again...I have to get up there and see what you've got going now.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Wow, the fish are gorgeous.  Cool panorama pic as well.  They will get used to your routine and settle down.  They're wild so their spooky.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BillT

Quotei'm not to sure why it looks like the wall is bending. I took the pic sitting in front of the to tank in the center and you just move the phone to the sideways. That's the first time i tried to use the  panoramic mode.

I think it has to do with the angels of the camera with respect to the tanks and wall and the perspective effects of the tanks and wall in the shots that were not perpendicular to the lens of the camera. The close to straight ahead shots (close to perpendicular to the lens) would make the tanks/wall in the center look appear close to the camera and fairly straight. The shots angling to the right and left would appear to be receding away from the camera at an angle because of the perspective effect (parallel lines on an object appearing to come together at a distant (infinite) point. The panorama algorithm would blend the individual pictures together in some way.

Predicitions:
You could try taking a series of pictures by walking you camera down the row of tanks, taking pictures with the camera pointing perpendicular to the row of tanks and wall and then panoramizing the shots. If the pictures are widely spaced, you may get a wavy looking row of tanks./wall because there will be some perspective effects to the side of the individual shots. If the shots are more closely spaced, the panorama process may remove more of the sides of each shot resulting in a less wavy image.

Mugwump

He was trying to catch the blue's and green's on the glitter and snakeskin patterns..they show up as they turn in the light real well, but once they were spooked..all bets were off...LOL

ps..how do you know that my room doesn't bend around like that....LOL.....it doesn't....Scott was just stoned when he took those pics...hehe
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

The St Isabel/Rio Negro pair are doing good today. I put them in the big community tank until I get there tank ready this weekend. They came up to the top with the other fish to eat. When I opened the lid they decided that was enough and went back to the bottom. but they did eat good.

Scott