• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:49:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 636
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 600
Total: 600

New Clown Loach & Robotic competition

Started by b125killer, January 26, 2014, 01:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

The Robotic competition was fun. Zachary's team placed 20th out of 28. This was the school districts first year for this type of competition. There was a big learning curve for the kids and there coach. Next year I'm going to help the team out. I'll help engineer the bot so that it can do all the challenges. Then machine the parts for there new bot. They had problems getting someone to machine parts for them. I told Zach he should of told me. That's what I do for a living.
After the competition We went over to see Willie. He has a nice set up and some nice angels too. I want to thank Willie for the clown loach and angels. I took my time to slowly drip acclimate the loach. I'm trying to eliminate as much stress for him as I can. After about a hour of acclimation I got him into his new home. He did a few laps around his new home then went into the Bamboo cave. That's a great thing. then my other loach when into the cave and lied down. all was peaceful and they seem to like each others. This loach looks great. Williw did a good jod with him

b= 

Scott

Mugwump

The competition looks like a blast!....Where was it held?....nice fish... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

That competition is so cool.  Several years back we used to watch a show called "Bot Wars". The "robots " were quite sophisticated and very complex.  They'd put two 'bots in a plexiglass enclosed area and have a go at which one could incapacitate the other.

There would be everything from malfunctions to destruction via saw blades or hammers. However at times something as simple as flipping one over like a turtle on its back would result in a win.

The new fish are nice.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

Way cool competition! How old are these kids?

I remember watching the Bot Wars too.  Kinda like an automobile crash derby scaled down in size.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: b125killer on January 26, 2014, 01:47:44 AM
The Robotic competition was fun. Zachary's team placed 20th out of 28. This was the school districts first year for this type of competition. There was a big learning curve for the kids and there coach. Next year I'm going to help the team out. I'll help engineer the bot so that it can do all the challenges. Then machine the parts for there new bot. They had problems getting someone to machine parts for them. I told Zach he should of told me. That's what I do for a living.
After the competition We went over to see Willie. He has a nice set up and some nice angels too. I want to thank Willie for the clown loach and angels. I took my time to slowly drip acclimate the loach. I'm trying to eliminate as much stress for him as I can. After about a hour of acclimation I got him into his new home. He did a few laps around his new home then went into the Bamboo cave. That's a great thing. then my other loach when into the cave and lied down. all was peaceful and they seem to like each others. This loach looks great. Williw did a good jod with him

b= 

You're welcome Scott. I'm glad you like the loach.  It was nice to meet your wife and son.  My Jack Russell "Kobe' had a great time playing with them.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

b125killer

Thanks everyone,  Zach is 15 and a freshman this year. There only doing one competition this time. Next year they should have a better bot and with any luck they will be able to take it to the state competition. 
The compatition was held in Highland park. It took a hour and a half to get there. The traffic wasn't to bad. There were  still stupid drivers in ditches. the road wasn't bad just bad drivers. We left after Zachs last match. I was hoping to stop and see willie and make it home before Zack. He still beat us home.
Kobe is a cutie,  I always liked Jack Russells there such a smart breed.
Scott

b125killer

I must of did something right. "Lil" Willie the loach is schooling with frick and frack. I named him after Willie.
My next project is to find them a bigger tank. I want a 155 or 180 bow front. I still have plenty of time to find one. the loaches are still smaller the biggest is around 5 inches. I'm hoping to find one before "Lil" Willie gets to 5 inches. 
Scott

wsantia1

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

How is it that your son and his team didn't ask you for help when you are obviously the go to guy for this kind of thing?
Always move forward. Never look back.