• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 04, 2024, 02:02:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 615
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 562
Total: 562

Chocolate Blue fry

Started by b125killer, August 19, 2013, 09:26:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

b125killer

first day free swimming. first feeding of bbs. 
Scott

Mugwump

Looking real good..............sweet  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Frank The Plumber

This should be interesting. The parents of these would be hybrid single dose fish, they are 2 pearl 1 Pb, 2 smokey, i gold, 1 green glitter, V/V. In my own situation I kept 9 adults....every %^&$3$@@ing one of them turned out to be le feminine. Pithers. So I have not been able to proceed further in them using a straight cross of hybrids and I most likely would not have because I'm like jam packed loaded with little fishies right now. I hope to see a focus of several fish that develop the double dose Pb along with the chocolate and pearling. I'd watch for those specifically. I would select a group of 40 fish to begin with a decent selection of the various phenotypes that present. In crossing and locking specific colors and expressions each fish becomes precious as a donor of genetic capacity. Many times you can not get a certain stunning beauty without crossing a mundane to a pretty fish. Reading the genetic specifics of those fish often considered mundane becomes very important in the concept of line fixing and working crosses into submission.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?

b125killer

This is there second successful spawn. there first one is a little over two weeks old. They spawn all the time. I just don't pull there spawns all the time. I don't have the tank space to keep 40 angels but I would like to try and focus the line. The only problem is that I'm not to sure all the time what I'm looking for. I would miss a lot of important genetics because of it. I'm getting better but not as good as someone that has been breeding for a long time. I just need to get better at reading the genetics. That's something that's going to take time. I also need to get some more tanks running. But that's a hole other problem.

Scott