• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 08:47:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 707
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 558
Total: 558

Fab Friday

Started by LizStreithorst, December 03, 2021, 01:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

Hey guys, look what I just got.  Barb made him.  I call him Felder in a fish tank.  Is he not too cool?  And just as I was typing this thread the Moselle Post Office called and told me that my new chicks just came in.  Dang.  I was following tracking like a hawk.  This morning at 6 they were still in Minnesota and at 9  they were in Mobile and suddenly I have my babies!
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Liz, I am soooo glad you like him!  Will you send a pic to Felder? Great news that your chicks are there, what a good day for you!  Hi Willie and Ron.  Very warm here today, wearing my sandals!  Hope the good day continues for all of us. 
Barb

Barb

Those discus are amazing Liz!!!  Hope they like a gnome in their tank!

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Barb on December 03, 2021, 02:33:12 PM
Liz, I am soooo glad you like him!  Will you send a pic to Felder? Great news that your chicks are there, what a good day for you!  Hi Willie and Ron.  Very warm here today, wearing my sandals!  Hope the good day continues for all of us. 
Barb

I just sent one to him.  BTW, get a load of the pattern on this female.

wsantia1

Good evening Liz and Barb and everyone. All I can say is WOW for the Discus and the Gnome. Liz, what kind of Discus are those? They look huge and I love the color and pattern. Barb you are an artist. That is a great looking Gnome.

It's been a weird day. Very little pain after I loosened up but the weather was cloudy, windy and in the mid 50s which is warm for this time of year.

I got to spend a good deal of time outside today but no flowerbed work. Tomorrow I may try to get rid of my dead outdoor plants if the weather is still decent and my back is still in the same state.

Have a great evening everyone. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

They're my own strain, Willie.  Several generations ago I bred a domestic Red Spotted Green to a Blue Scorpion and after breeding sib to sib and dad to daughter I've started getting what I'm looking for.  I not fond of all these silly names breeders make up for their strains that look identical to other breeders strains with  a different name I just call mine what they look like. Blue Based Spotted Snakeskins.

LizStreithorst

After getting all my plants planted, and my chickies settled I'm totally whupped.  Tomorrow I need to get my ass in gear early and put the sprinkler on the garden and do a fast job on this disgraceful house.  I want the neighbors to come by and admire my new chicks.  Night night, folks.  I'm off to bathe and then fall into bed.

ghonk

And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on December 03, 2021, 06:18:53 PM
They're my own strain, Willie.  Several generations ago I bred a domestic Red Spotted Green to a Blue Scorpion and after breeding sib to sib and dad to daughter I've started getting what I'm looking for.  I not fond of all these silly names breeders make up for their strains that look identical to other breeders strains with  a different name I just call mine what they look like. Blue Based Spotted Snakeskins.
...it doesn't mater what you call them...a beautiful fish is a beautiful fish!!! |^|..
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Thanks Ron.  I'm proud of them.