• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 06:10:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 609
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Today is Friday the 13th..

Started by Mugwump, November 13, 2015, 03:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

Jacob McCaslin

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Dang, who have thunk that anyone could do it better than Stevie Wonder?

Once upon a time I paid no attention to a Friday the 13th.  Later on I got so I wasn't crazy about it.  Starting to day it will be my favorite day.  My first Social Security check was deposited in my account today ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 13, 2015, 04:31:25 PM
Dang, who have thunk that anyone could do it better than Stevie Wonder?

Once upon a time I paid no attention to a Friday the 13th.  Later on I got so I wasn't crazy about it.  Starting to day it will be my favorite day.  My first Social Security check was deposited in my account today ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Normally the deposits are on Wednesday's....I think your Bday is Dec 15th, right??....same as my brothers....so the 3rd Wed....they must have paid you for Oct, and you'll get another next Wed......

https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031-2015.pdf
Jon

LizStreithorst

Too cool!!!!  The nice lady from SS said something about October but I didn't believe in my heart that it would start until my birthday.  I don't know about the Wed. thing...I checked my balance yesterday afternoon because it was bill paying time today.  It wasn't in there yesterday.  It was today after I made my deposit.

I'll be buying new front tires for Charlotte on Monday. ;D

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 13, 2015, 04:48:27 PM
Too cool!!!!  The nice lady from SS said something about October but I didn't believe in my heart that it would start until my birthday.  I don't know about the Wed. thing...I checked my balance yesterday afternoon because it was bill paying time today.  It wasn't in there yesterday.  It was today after I made my deposit.

I'll be buying new front tires for Charlotte on Monday. ;D

It was an October catch up deposit that's all....check the link that I posted....you'll be the same as Jan's....3rd Wednesday..
Jon

LizStreithorst

Got it.  It may be time to for me to make that trip to Lowes that I've been putting off so long ;D.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 13, 2015, 05:05:47 PM
Got it.  It may be time to for me to make that trip to Lowes that I've been putting off so long ;D.

....Forrrrrrrr  ???...
Jon

LizStreithorst

dehumidifier and a DeWalt 18 volt flash light and a bunch of little stuff.  I will take a look at generators, too.  I've been without one for several years now.  One of these days my luck will run out.  I can do without light for days on end but the fish can't go without air.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on November 13, 2015, 06:03:32 PM
dehumidifier and a DeWalt 18 volt flash light and a bunch of little stuff.  I will take a look at generators, too.  I've been without one for several years now.  One of these days my luck will run out.  I can do without light for days on end but the fish can't go without air.

My first guess was a generator...they have emergency candles that burn a long time. I think Sterno makes a 100hr one.....these are handy too..
Jon

Barb

Whoo hoo Liz, my turn is 2nd Wed. in Jan.  Don't spend it all in one place......
Barb

John Patakos

at least it wasn't a total disaster yesterday ; but it did hold true for me.something always has to go wrong.a couple of months ago i ran out of the #03 Plecocaine and had several orders.i called my agent and ordered it.i picked it up and when i got home and opened it i found it to be the wrong size.so i had to explain to my customers about the mixup.last week i ordered more and again the wrong size ; and the label stated it was the #03.i called my rep and explained that they packaged the wrong food and that i have a big show next week and i am out of my best selling food.not much they can do for me at the moment...
why this craziness gotta happen to me...lol....i am going to OCA with no #03 and a ton of #04.