• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 01, 2024, 10:27:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 534
Total: 534

Need Help

Started by JR, November 07, 2012, 08:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

Just came in from the hospital. Went to check on Jim's fish. One of the tanks is beeping. This tank has Jim's Chocolate Gourami's in it. Two are dead and the rest don't look like they always do. I don't know how to check the water. But the temp. is only 69 degrees. The little blue light on the heater is not on. And I can not turn it on. If the rest of these fish die he will be very upset. Can you help me.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Look for another heater laying around somewhere...that temp needs to come up....are the lights on??...sometimes the bulbs can help keep the temp up on small tanks....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

If you can't find another heater, put one from another tank in the cold tank until you can get to the store and pick up a new one.  It will take a while for the temp in the heaterless tank to drop to dangerous levels. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mir

And if it's not only the cold causing the problem and you don't have a test kit or don't know how to use it, you could take a sample of the water to a local fish store and they will probably test it for you for free. :)
<3 Miranda

Quote from: Mugwumpremember, youre fish can't scream 'what are you doing to me!'

LizStreithorst

My guess is that is was the cold.  Gourami's are like Discus.  They like the water warm.  Does Jim's friend know how to do a water change the way Jim does it?

I sure would like to hear an update on the fish.  AND an update on Jim!

Most of all, I would like to know how you're holding up.  I've been there with a critically ill husband.  I know what it's like.  I know that the last thing you needed is to be presented with something like dead fish and not have a clue.  Stay strong.  I will be thinking of you.
Always move forward. Never look back.