• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 07:11:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 760
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 747
Total: 747

Back to the Future

Started by BillT, January 11, 2015, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BillT

The future in the Back to the Future films was 2015.

On the other hand, The Terminator judgement day(s) were in 1997 or 2004 depending on which film is your info source.

Ron Sower

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I can remember when 1984 seemed like a long way off.....  LOL

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 11, 2015, 03:28:03 PM
I can remember when 1984 seemed like a long way off.....  LOL

Dennis
That's What I was thinking when I wrote that, Bill!

Do you ever have occassion to come up into the Seattle area? If so, let's grab a cup of coffee together if you can spare the time.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

I'm 2,379 miles from Seattle Ron.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 11, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

Dennis

LOL...well, I'm a little closer than that ;D...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Yep, if I go to Seattle, I want more than a cup of coffee, I want the grand tour!!!  LOL

Dennis

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on January 11, 2015, 03:38:30 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on January 11, 2015, 03:35:48 PM

Dennis

LOL...well, I'm a little closer than that ;D...LOL
But, Dennis, if you ever do get out this way and don't connect for a cupajoe, I'll track you down and bring you back here for a cup of Starbucks right down there at their corporate office! ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

Quote from: BallAquatics on January 11, 2015, 03:40:18 PM
Yep, if I go to Seattle, I want more than a cup of coffee, I want the grand tour!!!  LOL

Dennis
We love doing that. Miss Lucy is a great tour guide. Plus one of my friends in the club is a tour guide for downtown restaurants in Seattle.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

If I get out that way Ron, I'll be sure to look you up.  We can call up Bill and try to see it all!  I'd want to make a trip to the Wet Spot too.  It's over in Portland, 4310 Northeast Hancock Street, Portland, OR.  Is that far from Seattle?

Dennis

PaulineMi

Dennis....Bill...... :o    Lol.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

It takes maybe 4 hours to go between Portland and Seattle.
Portland to Eugene is 1.5 to 2 hours, depending.

I would love to tour people around, but outside of fish there's not a lot to see here. I could probably arrange a tour of the zebrafish stock center though. 3-4,000 tanks, big water system, lots of alarms and monitors, fish vets, etc. Maybe some labs. Its more difficult now that I don't work there anymore.

Back to the issue at hand (back to the future):
I forgot to include that someone invented a hoverboard last year. It would cost about $10k and has to run on a surface made of certain metals (sheet metal).

Also I have been transporting a wrench from NASA into my garage via my 3D printer:

NASA sent this up to the space station where they printed it (the slow equivalent of a Star Trek transporter). I got a copy of the file and have printed a few out. Some of them have a working ratchet mechanism. Some not so good. Still working out the printing conditions.