• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:43:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 524
Total: 524

Weather forcasters

Started by LizStreithorst, December 02, 2013, 04:05:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LizStreithorst

How can they stand what they do?  They predict the weather and they are incorrect almost as often as they are correct.  They never say, "sorry, I was wrong".  They continue without shame and give the next prediction with the same certitude that they gave the last incorrect one.
Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

Especially the TV forecasters.  Back when I was working outside every day I came to trust the National Weather Service for an accurate report.  If you turn on the TV, they would never just repeat the NWS forecast but use their fantastic equipment and highly trained blonde meteorologist to totally get it totally wrong.

They should have saved their money spent on equipment, got the blonde guy some tanning sessions, and then just told him to read the NWS report.

I work indoors now in my geothermal climate controlled environment.  That said, barring severe storms, I rarely care what the weather does.....

Dennis

Mugwump

I use this....pop in your own zip..then save the 'addy' after viewing ..not perfect, but closer than most..real time is spot on with a 50 min loop that updates every 10 mins

http://classic.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=60115&wuSelect=WEATHER
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson