• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 13, 2024, 10:19:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,342
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 613
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 573
Total: 573

Back from Oregon now...

Started by Ron Sower, June 23, 2015, 10:59:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Thought i'd catch up a bit here. We had a good weekend. Put Ducky in the Vancouver RV Park and went to and from Beaverton, OR to softball tournament games. They moved our g-daughter to shortstop from Centerfield. Sh is pretty good there too. Coach told her she was a natural in the position; knew all the moves etc. Emery says to her, "Well I played 2nd base for 5 years!" It amazes me that this coach didn't get any prior history on her. She set up the fastpitch program at UW years ago!!!

Anyway, It's fun to watch her play. She gets a lot more action in SS and scores double plays frequently. When I tell her I love seeing her play there she tells me she hates playing SS. I told her she's just gotten lazy playing outfield with less action.

Miss Lucy and I went to Joe's Crab Shack on the Wa side of the Columbia River Friday night for dinner. She decided to wait for that for her b-day dinner. It was great. She had the Dungeness Crab (1.5 lb) and I had coconut shrimp. Both were great! Saturday night we went to a small French/Italian restaurant in Vancouver. Another excellent meal.

Our girls stayed in the tournament till the end taking 4th place out of 84 teams in their division. Not a bad showing for the weekend. But after 5 games on Sunday and 4 on Saturday, those kids were DEAD!

We had a couple small issues with Ducky but I McGuivered them! All-n-all a good weekend....!

Another tournament next weekend near the same place but Miss Lucy and I are opting to sit this one out at home...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

You must had a great time travel'n up that way.....cool beans !...great weather too..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Sounds like great fun.  Dungeness crab...I haven't had it in a year and a half.  It's delectable.  Even better than Maine lobster (maybe).

I can't believe that she hates SS.  It's a fun position.  Lots of action there.  I'd much rather have done SS when I was young that stand rotting in the outfield.

Nice to be home for a bit, I bet?
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

I like traveling with Ducky a lot as long as I don't have to be somewhere at a specific time. Although I'm semi-retired, I still have to set schedules to meet people, Which is ok, but getting up in time to make the first pitch of an 8am game is not my idea of enjoying a trip! Give me trees beside a river, creek, lake or ocean and let me read in the sun!

I did get part way through Charles Kurault's A Life On The Road. Good book.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron