• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 05, 2024, 11:01:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,329
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 652
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 604
Total: 604

Saturday coffee

Started by Mugwump, May 20, 2017, 05:52:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

..Good morn'n all...

..coffee's great on another dark and cooler morn'n.....more rain and wind today...but might see 60deg's  huh....whooppee doooo....LOL

Swap prep today....not even sure exactly what we're bringing.... huh....so I'll need to mark the tanks later this morn'n ...
This is the last swap around here til September's Rockford swap...

...more coffee needed.....slept really hard last night...it's rough waking up now.....

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Morning Jon.  It's a wonderful cool morning here too.  Going up to the mid to upper 70's later.....  a perfect day, if it doesn't get too windy.  Forecast is for more of the same through Tuesday.

Lazy day here with nothing planned.  Probably change some water and piddly with the bike.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 20, 2017, 06:23:18 AM
Morning Jon.  It's a wonderful cool morning here too.  Going up to the mid to upper 70's later.....  a perfect day, if it doesn't get too windy.  Forecast is for more of the same through Tuesday.

Lazy day here with nothing planned.  Probably change some water and piddly with the bike.....

Dennis

...Morn'n Dennis

Piddling with the bike sounds like a nice day..... |^|

Storms almost here....

https://www.wunderground.com/wundermap?lat=41.93&lon=-88.75&radar=1
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Rainy and miserable here.  If it clears up some I'll go pull some T posts I put in a million years ago for goat fencing and knock them in the ground for chicken fencing.  In the mean time I'll do wipe downs and sponge squeezing in the fish room getting the floor wet and making the fish room stink even more.  I wish I'd asked for a floor drain when I had the fish room built but how was I to know I'd ever be using it as a temporary chicken house?  I can't live like this for much longer.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 20, 2017, 12:40:24 PM
Rainy and miserable here.  If it clears up some I'll go pull some T posts I put in a million years ago for goat fencing and knock them in the ground for chicken fencing.  In the mean time I'll do wipe downs and sponge squeezing in the fish room getting the floor wet and making the fish room stink even more.  I wish I'd asked for a floor drain when I had the fish room built but how was I to know I'd ever be using it as a temporary chicken house?  I can't live like this for much longer.

..I can imagine that it's getting pretty crazy in that fish room.....do you play 'em music ??.... 8)
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 20, 2017, 01:42:00 PM
Public radio only.

...nice....at least they'll be educated chickens... |^|
Jon

BallAquatics

Perhaps Lynne Rossetto Kasper is fixing a nice roast chicken this afternoon.   :P :P :P

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on May 20, 2017, 01:53:29 PM
Perhaps Lynne Rossetto Kasper is fixing a nice roast chicken this afternoon.   :P :P :P

Dennis

....LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...... |^|
Jon

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Lynne Rossetto Kasper actually wanted a nice roast chicken.  But she didn't feel like cooking, what with all the disorder in the house.  Tonight she'll scrounge what she finds.  Tomorrow a stuffed green pepper, Monday Chicken Paprika in the crock pot.  Those things almost make theselves,

Poor Lynn hopes that her life will be less chaotic next weekend  so she can get back to being her creative, curious, culinary self.

wallace

its in the 70s. Too hot.

A swarm of honeybees moved into the piano shed, so we called a local bee guy and he's out there in a suit putting the hive in his truck.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Cool.  I've never seem a swarm.  Neither had my neighbors until they found a swarm in a small tree a few years ago.

wallace

He said there are 50,000 bees ... I think half that but im no expert. He has them all in a box and since a lot are out doing bee things he will come back after dark. The queen is in the box and they will find her and move in there where it will be easy to take the whole thing.
Dan

Mugwump

...my aunt had a swarm on her grass.....looked like a fur coat....

....caution tho...they can be extremely dangerous.....
Jon