• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 06:52:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 159
Total: 159

Monday rolls around again!

Started by Ron Sower, October 17, 2022, 09:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

We're up and at 'em! Heading out to Vegas in a few minutes in 61d temp with blue sky...probably going to be warmer there than here this week!!! ;D

I'll check in later ... happy aquariuming today!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good afternoon to those of us who loved Mug and wish that he could still be with us.

Ron, Please don't loose all your  money in Vegas.  What do you plan to do there, gamble of just watch shows and eat pretty good food?

I bagged and packed two boxes and took them to Boe's.  I usually make my boxes the day before but I didn't feel like it yesterday so I did it this morning.  It was noon before I had the fish boxed up and ready to go and by that time my back was bitching at me so I took my pain meds 2 hrs early.  It didn't help much because it's an hour and a half later the back was still wanting to have it's way, which is laying flat on my ass in bed.  I'm not willing to give in to it until I make my meal of the day.

I shipped 2 pairs of black rams to a repeat customer.  I sent t0 BlueBased SS Discus to someone from Simply.  After I'm done talking to y'all I need to send them their tracking number.  Barb, I know that you want my Discus as kind of pets.  What I'm hoping is that one of my buyers uses them for breeding projects.  I don't want my line to die when I die.

There is a guy who I will ship 10 BlueBased SS babies next Monday.  He has some young high bodied Blue Turks he wants to breed mine to.  That's a great idea.  My fish need to be outcrossed to a high quality 9 bar Discus.  You loose vigor when you breed SS to SS for many generations.  You also get more deformities like short gill plates.  I'm on my third generation of SS to SS and I can tell that it's time for an outcross.

I expected the check from the guy who wants 50 rams to arrive today but it did not.  Even though this guy has purchased from me many times I'm suspicous this time.  Why does a simple hobbyiest want 50 rams.  It just feels weird.

Sorry about all the fish breeding/selling talk.  The temp will drop to 41 tonight.  It will be in the 30's for the next 2 days, but by the end of the week it will get warm again with highs in the mid 80.  I'll be covering my wonderful beautifus tomato plant with all it's baby 'maters tonight and for the next 2 days.

I hope y'all have a happy day.  My back has finally quit giving me hell so I'm gonna get up and make some killer shrimp fried rice.  With all the veggies I put in it it's a whole ballanced meal.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone.

First and foremost. Liz, you are doing great selling on AB but if I were you I would trust my instincts and not send the guy who wants the 50 fish anything until that check clears. The are too many scammers out there.

It is a beautiful day here but pretty soon a cold front will be coming through and it will be bringing rain with it.  We were in the low 70s about 1/2 hour ago and now we are at 63F so the temp is starting to drop fast.

All I've been doing is resting today. I have to admit that getting ready for the auction kind of beat me up. The good news is that I got rid of enough fish that I will be able to consolidate and remove some more tanks from circulation. I am hopeful that this winter I can get down to under 10 tanks.

Ron have a great time in Las Vegas!

I'll check in later.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Thank you, Willie.  That what what I decided.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Barb

Hi, I am home now, rather tired, but had a good trip to central NC to visit my kids and 2 friends, 4 separate places and visits.  Weather was great the whole time and I saw the most beautiful fall leaves.  It is still mostly green here.  But that will change with the cold temps coming in tomorrow for a few days.  But not as cold as Liz is getting. 

Congrats on your good results from the auction Willie!  And good to hear you are selling fish again Liz!  Yes, be careful of the guy who wants all those Rams, probably to resell them.  Ron have a great time on your trip.  Don't lose too much $.

Liz, my babies are doing great and eat everything I put in their tank, about 6 feedings a day.  They are on straight tap water now, began today.I was running out of rain water and no rain in sight.  If I am gone I set up my electric auto fish feeder on their tank.

See you all here tomorrow,
Barb

Ron Sower

We arrived after a nice drive...except that going through or around Phoenix and Vegas Lucy goes crazy in the traffic... ???

Contrary to what you guys may be thinking, we don't gamble more than $20 a trip if we do any at all...we do enjoy shows, foods and piano bars...This trip is to visit a former exchange student from Brazil that stayed with daughter and granddaughter her senior high school year...she has graduated from med school in Brazil and her parents are giving her this trip for graduation...daughter and granddaughter, the exchange student and her parents will be arriving in the next few hours...

It's in the mid-80s here...nice weather...

Good evening and happy aquariuming...! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron