• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 17, 2024, 07:19:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,355
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 232
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 157
Total: 157

Tuesday after Monday

Started by Ron Sower, August 30, 2022, 01:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello all!...

Barb, our monsoon season is from June 15 to September 30...we've had more rain and flooding this year than the other 5 we've been here as far as I'm concerned...the past several days we've had no rain though, and it looks like several more days are coming without it...our rains have tended to occur in the late afternoon and during the night...the mountains (yes, Arizona has mountains! ;) ) get more and as a result, floods lower lands...sometimes the flash floods catch people playing in the rivers by surprise and they drown...even though the newscasters and weather prognosticators are constantly warning of this....

I set my alarm to wake me at 7 this morning so I could be up and coherent when the guy came to get his 75g tank...he works night shift and wanted to come by on his way home, so I said sure!...well he finally showed up at 10  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  I could have gotten up at my regular time... huh huh huh

Hey Willie!...are you still 100% refreshed today, or did you use it all up yesterday?... ;D

How soon will you hear about your deliveries, Liz?...I know it's frustrating...

I've started dismantling an upholstered swivel club chair in our game room that has a broken piece in it..
I've got that piece out now and need to find a piece of wood the same thickness...I don't have it here so I'll go to the scrap pile at Homely Depot and/or Lowes...

So that's all I know for sure I'm doing today, but I'll probably spend some time assembling airstones in sponge filters :D...

Have a good one folks!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hi Ron and everyone. Well the heat is back on here as the current temp is 93F but it feels like it's 100F. We will have storms coming through this evening and during the overnight and they are supposed to cool us off a wee bit.

Ron I am no longer refreshed as I woke up at 1:30 am and couldn't get back to sleep. huh That happens to me sometimes so I will most likely be asleep early tonight and be knocked out until the morning. I have a couple of gummies that will assist in making that happen.

Just got finished cleaning up my BBS operation. I indicated in an earlier post that I was going to tear it down for a while but my hatching process has been going so good that I decided to keep it going. I have a lot of fish that enjoy BBS even if it does not fill them up. It keeps their instincts in shape.

Tomorrow I will do some water changes and while I am at it I will probably set up another tank for about 8 Pitch Blacks that I am hopeful will produce a couple or more pairs. I am afraid that the "Pair" I have set up may not be a real pair. The male is currently hiding from the smaller "female". It is possible that the female may be a male too.  huh

Anyway I am still learning about these Rams and I and having fun while doing it. I still love my Angels but they don't excite me like they used too and my Altums are about 8 years old now.

I wish you all a great rest of the day.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

LizStreithorst

Send me a picture of the 2 fish, Willie. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 30, 2022, 02:45:50 PM
Send me a picture of the 2 fish, Willie.

Liz, I'll send you a pic tomorrow. I just shut down the operation because I can only get in trouble in the fishroom when I've been drinking or I am too tired. I haven't been drinking "yet". lol
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 30, 2022, 02:30:07 PM
and my Altums are about 8 years old now.

Willie, how many altums do you have and how "tall" are they?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Ron I have 3 now out of 6 that I got in 2014. At last measurement they were over 12 inches tall.
Willie

Ron Sower

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 30, 2022, 04:37:04 PM
Ron I have 3 now out of 6 that I got in 2014. At last measurement they were over 12 inches tall.
...bet they're beautiful...my friend, Bill Curtin who turned me onto them, has several that are that size...my young ones that he and I bought several months ago are about 7"...I love them...

Have yours ever spawned?...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Quote from: Ron Sower on August 30, 2022, 04:53:34 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on August 30, 2022, 04:37:04 PM
...bet they're beautiful...my friend, Bill Curtin who turned me onto them, has several that are that size...my young ones that he and I bought several months ago are about 7"...I love them...

Have yours ever spawned?...

I never spawned them but it would have been one hell of a project and I had too many other things going on at the time. Mine were F1s spawned by Mike Troxell.
Willie