• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 07:22:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 631
Total: 631

Hump day!

Started by Ron Sower, July 13, 2022, 10:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good morning folks!...

Yesterday marked an historic day for me...the anniversary of when I had my right knee amputated and replaced...I will not say that it was a perfect, but it's better...maybe 85%...prior to the surgery Doc told me not all surgeries produced 100% improved knees...mine is still "tight" some days and aches by the end of the day...which is certainly better than it had been...

Yesterday we got our 2nd Covid booster which apparently is not effective against this newest strain of the virus...oh well...last night my shoulder got really sore but 2000 mg of acetaminophen helped...today I'm achey but, so far, not as miserable as the last one...hope it clears soon because today is a pick n ship dat for plants...

Last night I saw some Agassizi fry again...same size as when I saw the last ones which I'm sure didn't make it...so I really should set the tank up to have them survive...they're liking your caves, Barb! ;D...over the past few weeks I've been clearing out some tanks so that I can perhaps raise a few fish...the issue is that I'm putting plants in and  taking them out all the time...I wonder how many rice fish eggs have gone to homes and surprised ppl with fry days later? :D

I have several chores to do this morning...y'all have a wonderful day...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Ron Sower

It's for real...hump day it is...!!! |^|
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Good afternoon Ron and everyone. It is a hot day here but with less humidity or so they say it is. We are at our high temp of 90 degrees which would be perfect if I lived in Arizona instead of 15 minutes away from the Delaware Bay.

I've been relaxing mostly but I did work on getting the brown algae out of the African Cichlid tank. The bad part was that I had to remove the fish and the holy rock from the tank so that I can soak the rocks in a bleach solution and scrub the brown algae from the tank. I have other rocks to replace them but it is a pain in the ass.

All is well with all of my fry but I'm thinking that I am in agreement with Liz that the regular German Blue Rams are prettier. After I get these Black Ram fry (48 days free swimming) to adulthood I think I will try my hand at the regular German Blues. At least they won't all look exactly the same. lol

It's time to get Kobe to the park for his evening walk. I only need to walk him in the shade for a little while and then all is good in his world.

Wishing you all a great rest of the day.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

[quote author=wsantia1 link=topic=17995.msg125646#msg125646 date=1657746607. We are at our high temp of 90 degrees which would be perfect if I lived in Arizona instead of 15 minutes away from the Delaware Bay.
[/quote] ;D ;D ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron