• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 09:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 497
Total: 498

Sunday

Started by Ron Sower, May 29, 2022, 11:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello all you Muggers!...

I've had some busy days...Friday a friend gave & brought me a 110g tank to set up on the patio next to my 125 out there...see pic below...then Saturday a young fellow brought me another 110g with stand that I'll setup on the other side of the 125g...that one I traded plants and a CO2 setup I'm not using..so for the second one I have to take the stand apart and cut the legs down so I can reach in and out of the tank comfortably...a project for this coming week!...but the other one I set up yesterday and already have plants in it...

The PBs spawned again...geez those guys are machines!... :D and once again this was a larger batch than before...

Last week we only shipped orders out on Friday instead of Wednesday and Friday...we sent out 73 packages of plants!...that kept us busy late because we had picked and bagged all the 37 orders we had early in the afternoon, but had missed printing the rest...so when the guys came over to pack and ship we ended up picking more orders which kept us all working til midnight...ugh huh...oh well, we got it done...!

Not much planned for today...might be a pool day...or afternoon...

You folks make it a good day and happy aquariuming...!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hello Ron and everyone. Ron, good for you getting some nice tanks for free & some plants. That patio is looking really good and the addition of another 110 will really make it nice.

Another great weather day here with the temp at 79 degrees and plenty of sunshine. I've been in and out of the house today. One minute I was siphoning debris from my Ram fry tank and the next minute I was outside helping a neighbor with some yardwork. I'm done with the outside stuff for the day but it was good to be out in the sun.

I'm getting ready to throw some porkchops on the grill for lunch/dinner before I head back on down for some more fishroom work.

Have a great day everyone. 
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

ghonk

OMG aren't you worried about making fish soup out of them on your patio? ;D
And though my lack of education hasn't hurt me none.
I can read the writing on the wall.
Paul Simon

LizStreithorst

Well dang!  While I was posting Ron started the Sunday thread.  Ron, you really have it going on with those plants.  Sounds like you're having fun with your new business.   

Here's what I had to say before I saw that there was already a Sunday thread.
I'm sorry about yesterday, friends.  I started twice and both disappeared on me.  It happens when my wrists get tired.  God only knows what they hit to make a post disappear.   Come to think, though.  It has never happened when I've posted on Simply or Fishlore.  Still, it really only happens when my wrists don't want to hold my hands up like they should.  I'm making a point not to be wrist lazy this time.

Yesterday I drove way more than I wanted to.  I had my chores all planned out so I could go south to the vet for meds for Tink then home a different way so I could hit the Dollar Store and Moselle PO on the way home.  My plan was foiled when I discovered that the Moselle PO decided to close at 10 on Saturday.  I needed shipping boxes for my Monday shipments so I drove farther north to Ellisville.  As long as I was there I picked up ice cream and heavy cream.  I am so decadent.  I put half heavy cream and half half and half in my morning.

I lost another hen between yesterday and today.  It no longer hurts my heart like it did before the fox got Isabel.

My veggie garden is still doing well.  No terrible insect infections so far (touch wood).  Barb, you should use BT on your tomatoes.  It's a bacteria that occurs naturally in the soil.  It paralyzes the gut of the caterpillars and they quit eating and die after their first bite.  You do have to use it day which won't help you while you're away, but if you do a good job of spraying both sides of the leaves it works a lot better than trying to pick them.

I walked by the blueberry bushes.  The blueberries are ripening.  I tried the dark bluest one and it was still a bit tart.  I bet that by this time next week I'll be enjoying blueberries and cream.  My favorite.

The Discus eggs from my oldest pair started wiggling this morning.  I already removed dad and caught the 5 baby Discus that survived the cannibalistic attack and moved them in to the baby rams.  It'll be another couple of days before I find out if mom will do the kid raising.

I finally got around to printing shipping labels and separating customer's fish into their own tanks which will make my life much easier when I ship Monday.

I still have to clean up the kitchen.  I know I'll enjoy it once I get going on it.  It's just one of those things I don't look forward to.

That's about it for today.  I plan to do nothing else but futz and chill for the rest of the day.  The weather is fabulous.

Willie, wait until the fry get a little size on them before you add snots.

I'll check in later to see what y'all have been up to.  I hope that everyone has a nice Sunday afternoon.
Modify message
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: ghonk on May 29, 2022, 12:04:54 PM
OMG aren't you worried about making fish soup out of them on your patio? ;D
...I did at first, but I've talked with so many people that keep aquariums outside and don't seem to have a problem with the heat...

So far water temps get up to 84 in the day time...evaporative cooling is done by fan...I have the Girardinus metallicus livebeares in one tank...I'll try a few other species as I go along...but these tanks are there to house plants for sale and shipping because I have no more room in the aquarium room for any more large tanks...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Thanks Liz. It's a god thing I didn't add the snots already because the snots are not doing well. I don't understand why not since a slightly older spawn is doing great in nearly identical water. These are not taking to the food like their slightly older kin. I would've hated having them spread something into my ram tank.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi Ron, Liz and Willie! I am back from my weekend trip. had a great time!!  But my hip and leg are very bad tonight, I would have the surgery tomorrow if it was offered.  Hope it will settle a bit by tomorrow.  Will go to the Vet. cemetery with flowers tomorrow, I expect a very large crowd there.  I will like the company.
Barb

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on May 29, 2022, 07:24:51 PM
Hi Ron, Liz and Willie! I am back from my weekend trip. had a great time!!  But my hip and leg are very bad tonight, I would have the surgery tomorrow if it was offered.  Hope it will settle a bit by tomorrow.  Will go to the Vet. cemetery with flowers tomorrow, I expect a very large crowd there.  I will like the company.
Barb
...that's tough to have the pain, Barb...I hope you get relief after a good night's rest...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron