• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:04:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,327
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 624
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 615
Total: 615

Tuesday

Started by Ron Sower, April 05, 2022, 10:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good morning!...

It's 70F right now and report says we'll reach 87F today with sunny skies...however this weather app usually predicts lower than actual...

Yesterday I finally finished getting the plants from the swap into tanks...it's obvious I'm going to need at least one more 125g to handle our growth...I'll need to move my desk into my bedroom! :D...I'll start figuring out that one soon...

Lucy had a couple ladies over yesterday to make Easter cards...they sure giggle and laugh a lot!...good for the soul, don't ya know...another lady is coming this morning to get some help...
While Lucy was at her day-long card meeting Saturday, she learned that one of the other ladies had offered the men in her neighborhood to come and make Valentines cards for their sweeties and a bunch showed up and they had a blast...what a neat idea |^|...I would have done that...

Today will be our first day of prepping and shipping orders while Hieu (biz partner) is in Vietnam...we did a video conversation last night through Facebook Messenger...their trip was 25 hours long...I can't remember if I told you all that he and his wife and his Mom went back there to have a formal traditional Vietnamese wedding....it's a big deal for them and both families...they are 14 hours ahead of us...this will be an interesting communication month...

Barb, did you see the ISS?..
Willie, glad you like the misshipped guppies. I hope you can get the red out...
Liz, did you plant the glads?...

I guess I'd better get my day rolling now...you guys have wonderful days for yourselves...and, as always, happy aquariuming...!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning early bird, Ron.  It sounds like you have one heck of a business going, and that Lucy is having a ball making cards with her friends.  I bet Barb would like to be in that happy group.  She's very good at crafty stuff.  I never have been.  My happy thing has always been lifting that bale and toting that barge.  I can't do that any more and I sure do miss it.

I haven't planted my glad bulbs yet but I should have.  I'll have to get to it after this weather goes away.

I woke up to thunder booms, lightning, and tornado warnings.  Bruno and Tink hid under the bed.  It's stopped raining now but we're supposed to have more bad weather coming later today and tomorrow.  The worst of it has left the State and is in Alabama now.  Hopefully it will have dissipated a good bit before it gets to Barb.  I don't know if Willie will get any of it.  I'm not good at keeping up with weather.  That's Barb's job.

I have a sink full of dishes that need to go in the dishwasher and a floor that could use a good sweep but it's such a good day to be lazy, that's what I'm doing.  God knows when I'll make myself get my little fish room project done.  I have the plan, and all the parts.  I'm just putting it off because it will involve so much bending and twisting.

My younger pair of Discus spawned yesterday evening after WC.  I put the cone with eggs into RO about 45 minutes after they were done.  These guys don't seem to be devoted to their eggs like the older pair.  If the older pair is successful I may put the babies from the younger pair in with the older pair's fry.  With only 24 hrs of difference between the spawns the older pair should accept them without a problem.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. The weather report for my area is cloudy with light periods of rain until later tonight when the heavy rain moves in. We are currently at 56 degrees. Liz those storms you that you have will get to us overnight and be with us throughout the day tomorrow.

It's ben a lazy day for me. I got rolling slowly and haven't picked up too much steam. Too many things ( I think my allergies are wearing me down) are bothering me so what I may do is try not to do to much more today and get some extra rest.  Hopefully I can catch up on everything I didn't do tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

Hi all, the rain is on the way from Liz. I will be glad to have it, more pollen washed away and newly planted things in my yard watered.  A friend gave me 12 daylilies on Sat.  Today I planted them in a new bed.  Have 10 more to go another day.  Liz I will wait awhile to plant my glads from you then.  Last night I did see the ISS, it was great!  Looked just like a moving star.  It went right over my head, 200 miles up.  I waved to the astronauts and said Hi.

My hip is getting worse.  But I am determined to wait until Nov. for surgery.  Too much to do in my yard up until then.  I can take it, my leg has hurt for 51 years, a few more months won't matter.  Tylenol and Ibuprof. both work for me.  You all have a good night,
Barb