• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 08:15:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 630
Total: 630

Monday again!

Started by Ron Sower, March 28, 2022, 12:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hello folks!...

Overcast and 77 here right now...s'posed to get to 79...so we're not too far away from it...tomorrow it's s'possed to get into 60s...and rain...

We went to the local huge Mesa Market yesterday which is a flea market type thing...we left early and planned to just go for a short time but ended up staying from 9:30 til 1:30!....it was enjoyable...it's a weekend only thing...

Today I'm going to start getting stuff together for the swap meet this Sunday...I have a lot of accumulated aquarium hard goods that I want to get rid of to make space for more "stuff" that I can't live without!!, :D :D :D ...I'll also start some new dragonstone features to sell there...I have a couple started already...

That's about all from me for now...I wish you well today and hope it's sunny in your areas...

Happy aquariuming!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Happy Monday and happy Aquariuming to all.

It's going to be a hard slow day for me but that's OK.  I failed to wake up at 1am to take my late night pain meds.  I guess unless I keep a certain amount in my system I suffer.  I always (just about) wake up around 1 to pee but I didn't have to pee until 4 this morning so I screw my schedule up.  It's OK.  I'm used to my condition enough to know that I'll be much better tomorrow.

I started training my genetically fearful dog Pearl today.  I should have done it a long time ago but I didn't.  The poor little thing doesn't even trust me.  I wish I had never allowed Bruno to breed Pip but I thought that the problem with him was from neglect.  I was mistaken.  It was genetic.  He came from a line of street dogs where fear of humans was a positive trait.  Oh well...I took Bruno to training class to get him to trust me.  I can no longer do that due to my back so I'm working at home now with poor Pearl.  It will take a lot longer because she's not as young as he was when we started and she is not as smart as he is.

Barb, I'm even more sorry for you than I am for poor Willie about the weather.  The cold you've had and are still suffering through must be historic.  Here it's beautiful.  We may hit 80 today Nothing but a few clouds in the sky.  Birds nesting, humming birds chowing down on the feeders, grass growing too fast, butterflies fluttering, etc.  Even the white oaks are leafing out beautifully.

I'll be headed to town for beer soon.  When I get back I'll be making Banquet fried rice for my meal of the day.  It's not as fancy as it sounds.  It's just normal fried rice but with ham as the protein.  It's surprisingly tasty.

I called the Ken at the pet store and ordered 24 more of those gorgeous red shrimp.  The tank has been running with my 4 remaining shrimp and a few Mystery Snail grow outs so I think the new shrimp will adapt to it easily.  They'll be in Wednesday.  Ken wants me to bring 4 Discus, as many Mystery snails as I can part with, a couple dozen blue shrimp, a dozen albino BN.  I already have about $100. credit with them which is good because I'm always needing stuff, plus if I run out of money they'll give me cash.  It's like having a bank account where I deposit fish rather than money.

Be happy everyone.  Life isn't always a bowl of cherries but there are always good things you can find in it. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Good afternoon everyone. It is as cold as it's been any day this past winter with the temp at 26 degrees this morning and only up to 34 degrees at this very moment. The wind blowing at 25-35 mph makes it feel like it's 25 degrees.

I haven't done much today but stay warm but I am about to venture out to go to Petco to picked up some dog treats and hopefully I can take a quick walk in the park on the way back.

I've been feeling pretty decent the last few weeks but while I was working on moving the shrimp I realized I still have some tightness in my back so I slowed the move down and have been taking it easy. I'm not in any pain but I don't want to push anything.

Have a great day everyone.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.