• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 19, 2024, 02:44:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,357
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 185
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 179
Total: 179

Part of the fish house

Started by GraphicGr8s, December 30, 2014, 11:10:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GraphicGr8s

So here is the rack with 6 10s, 4 8s , 2 15's and on the bottom will be 2 20s not a 20 and 2 8s.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

GraphicGr8s

Rack of 4 22 breeders. Started out as plants only but there are fish in them now. Still, it is more for the plants than the fish and there is no filtration other then the symbiotic relationship of plants and fish
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.

GraphicGr8s

Here's an old school air lift filter circa 1980 still going in 2014. I've got it moving water from an aquamaster HOB box to the filter into the 29. A siphon tube replaces the water in the HOB box from the 29. Floss in the air lift.

The 55 is a tetra tank. Planted.

GraphicGr8s

The 55. It's really a narrow space with tanks on both sides. This was suppose to be the darkroom. Maybe 5'wide.

Mugwump

..nice layout, darkroom??....were you, are you into photography?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

JC

Nice set up. What all types of fish do you keep and breed?

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on December 31, 2014, 04:17:17 AM
..nice layout, darkroom??....were you, are you into photography?

You might say that. I'd spend hours in the darkroom. Had one as a 13 year old. One of but a couple of hobbies that I've never lost interest in. Photoshop is my darkroom now though. They say I'm pretty good with it. Heck I might even do it as a profession.
Quote from: JC on December 31, 2014, 09:11:45 AM
Nice set up. What all types of fish do you keep and breed?
Right now it's a mish mash. Guppies seem to be the predominant fish right nowbut I've got angels, gouramis, tetras among others.

JC

I used to keep mostly guppies. What's your favorite kind? What kinds do you keep now?  My all time favorite is red albino

GraphicGr8s

No real favorites. If I see something I like at our Society meeting I bid. Sometimes I win. 

And Happy New Year!

GraphicGr8s

So last weekend I cut all the wood and made the dadoes and dry fitted everything. Today I cleaned up the area and cut back the countertop and installed the rack. 2 more 22 breeders and a 40B in place.

and now 41.

Suckers keep multiplying. Just in time for our yearly mega auction in November. Yahooooooo.

Mugwump

You may need a room addition soon... ;D  anything special planned for those tanks?
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

GraphicGr8s

Quote from: Mugwump on October 26, 2015, 06:57:44 AM
You may need a room addition soon... ;D  anything special planned for those tanks?

Not yet. But the auction is in a few weeks.

More than likely I will move some stuff I already have into them then use those newly empty tanks for new stuff. I am trying to keep fish in the middle and upper rows and plants/fish in the bottom row. Right now I tend to not do what I should do to those lower tanks if you know what I mean.