• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 14, 2024, 01:40:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,345
  • Total Topics: 18,540
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 762
Total: 762

Sta Iabel X Rio Negro cross

Started by Mugwump, March 06, 2015, 04:22:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I moved this pair a few days ago....looks like they feel right at home in there. Too bad the vid doesn't pic up the red crown markings....very pretty pair.  ;D I'm hoping they decide to raise again in this tank.
These are the parents of Pauline's, Scott's and Johnny's angels.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

I love watching cichlids spawn. That's a great pair, Mugs.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Thanks, Ron....I like em too..... ;D.........since being moved their demeanor has improved a lot  too... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

b125killer

Nice, good luck with them. It's funny how moving them can effect them so much. My pair haven't spawned in a long time. They were actually fighting a lot. I put them in the 150 with other angel and they stopped there aggression and might have spawned. I know there tubes where down the other day. I had to go to work so I'm not sure.
Scott

PaulineMi

A pair of my kids, now 2 years old, from those two just spawned again earlier in the week. The male is huge. No eggs left now though. I changed the lighting on their tank recently. Went from a bright led to an old dim fixture. The angels' bars turned dark again and everyone is happy in that tank.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on March 07, 2015, 08:36:32 AM
A pair of my kids, now 2 years old, from those two just spawned again earlier in the week. The male is huge. No eggs left now though. I changed the lighting on their tank recently. Went from a bright led to an old dim fixture. The angels' bars turned dark again and everyone is happy in that tank.

I raised em under subdued ligting trying to lock in the deep black barring.....it, also, helped develope the glitter and nice 'wild' coloring...I just sold a bunch to a nice guy in Georgia.....shipped this morning too..... ;D
Jon

PaulineMi

I had them in dark tannin stained water with subdued lighting for a long time. About six months ago I changed things around a bit. They weren't happy at all....spooky, faded...one even hid a lot. When catalpa leaves were added and the lighting was dimmed...voila!....very pretty, outgoing angels.  ;D
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)