• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 09, 2024, 02:07:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,337
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 635
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 623
Total: 624

L 066 make my day...yeppers

Started by Mugwump, December 15, 2013, 08:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I tossed in a couple caves yesterday while we were doing water changes and tidying up the tanks....this morning when I popped the lights on....Boomba...there they were cleaning....no eggs yet, but this is encouraging. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
They sure are pretty too.....I believe that now we at least two males...I'll watch for squabbles (cave wars).... ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

That's cool Jon.  Fingers crossed that they get busy.

Are they active in the day time?  That's the problem with the L046 Zebra..... they are very shy and spend most day time hours in hiding.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on December 15, 2013, 09:15:05 AM
That's cool Jon.  Fingers crossed that they get busy.

Are they active in the day time?  That's the problem with the L046 Zebra..... they are very shy and spend most day time hours in hiding.

Dennis

More nocturnal, than not, but they're getting better now...I need to separate any pairs that develop and give them their own 'hideaway'....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Very nice Jon.  Wishing you the best with those. ;D ;D ;D BTW nice pictures too.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

PaulineMi

They are really pretty plecos. 

Looks like you're making friends with your camera.   ;)
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Quote from: PaulineMi on December 15, 2013, 11:48:51 AM

Looks like you're making friends with your camera.   ;)

LOL..got lucky....really, two shots...two pics...so I quit while I was ahead ;D
Jon

b125killer

They are some nice plecos Jon. Good luck with them.
Scott

Mugwump

It appears that we may have both L066 and L333's....I think the breeder, somewhere along the line mixed them. They will inter-breed. The L066 has a tail with  'V' shape filaments...the L033 has more of a crescent shape......I can't get them all out to verify for sure...either way, I'm still very pleased.
Jon

wsantia1

Sounds very interesting.  I hope they breed for you.  I wonder what that tail will look like. Are they both similar size?
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on December 16, 2013, 07:59:28 AM
Sounds very interesting.  I hope they breed for you.  I wonder what that tail will look like. Are they both similar size?

Willie, we have 5 of them....so we're hoping that we got both sexes in there somewhere.

Here's an explanation link on telling the difference between the L066/L333's....interesting...it's not just the black and white or yellow, markings, etc..

http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16523
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on December 16, 2013, 08:03:33 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on December 16, 2013, 07:59:28 AM

Willie, we have 5 of them....so we're hoping that we got both sexes in there somewhere.

Here's an explanation link on telling the difference between the L066/L333's....interesting...it's not just the black and white or yellow, markings, etc..

http://www.plecoplanet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16523

Nice.  I read it and I'll re-read it again in a bit.  Seems like you can't go wrong with either species.
Willie

Mugwump

If we do have both.....I want to separate them tho...it'd be nice to have both going... ;D
Jon

b125killer

That's cool Jon, that's one of the reasons people go crazy with the L numbers. It's such a small difference that make it a new species. If they did crossbreed what would they call them? Would it be considered a hybrid?
Scott

Mugwump

I guess a yellow king tiger..L333......?????????.....the collection points seem to have a big part in the difference, and L#'s....The  Rio Xingu river which is being dammed, and other variants are found up stream....
Jon