• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 10, 2024, 12:38:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,339
  • Total Topics: 18,538
  • Online today: 846
  • Online ever: 846
  • (Today at 12:37:46 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 849
Total: 849

Tuesday coffee's good...

Started by Mugwump, November 11, 2014, 06:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Absolutely delicious coffee this morning  ;D    .. As colder weather settles in, and the days get shorter, we're starting to get used to getting up to the darkness. However, not seeing any light through the drapes indicating daybreak, there's a temptation to just roll over and ZZZZzzzzzzz some more. ;D The best part of that though, is giving into it.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D It makes for nice easy morn'n's.... 8)

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

....Off to Grandma's and Grandpa"s in a bit...........rain changing to snow later....wheeeeeeee ;D

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Ron Sower

The temps are dropping into the 30s here at night. Last couple days have been mostly clear, but looking for rain again. They're saying that weather maker is really going to hit you guys hard in the middle of the country.

So I'm awake early this morning because I'm not taking the Tylenol PM pills at night these past few days. I've found myself struggling for words while I'm in conversations and a friend told me that they suppress that part of the brain. So over the last few days I've noticed way fewer struggles along that line. 

However, my sinuses are draining like crazy since the rains came back and I get this tight, ''unproductive'' hacking cough (no I've never smoked). That wakes me too.

So while I'm lying in bed trying to go back to sleep, my un-suppressed brain is whirling like a dervish!  After an hour and a half of this, that means it's time to get up and see what you all are doing here! If I get coffee now, there's no way I'll get back to sleep.

Our club's second largest fundraiser, the plant and fish auction, is tonight. Nothing but livestock. I'll be going early to help where ever i'm needed as long as it's not lifting or pushing.  I have little or nothing to auction off. Maybe some Chili Rasboras that were emaciated when I got them and are now looking pretty good.

I will be purchasing some Betta albimarginata, a species I've never had. He's had them spawn a lot for him. I'm going to see how they do in a 5g tank that I'll take the Chilis out of.

Coffee with a veteran friend later this morning, HOA board meeting from 2-3, then take my granddaughter to training at 3:30, on my way to the auction. Another packed day.     Hmmmmm.....maybe that's why my brain is whirling! 
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Fun day at the 'out laws'....Hot Italian beef sandwiches, and G'ma remembered to wear her hearing aid.. ;D    so conversation was enjoyable, and much quieter.... ;D  Nice folks...up in their 80's pretty good now, they decided to adopt two parakeets  ;D....a young pair too...Jan's going to get her Mom a nest box for them..  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

I dragged a 30 in from the barn today.  I'll have to set it up on the fish room floor for now but I needed it because I just moved a newly formed keeper Koi Pair to the tank I usually move fish to be shipped to.  Since I'll be sending a couple of fish to Barb Monday I need a tank to put them in so I can starve them prior to shipping.  I don't want more tanks, but I keep setting up more tanks ::)
Always move forward. Never look back.

b125killer

I went to my great aunt's funeral today. :'( She has been sick for a long time and during her last few years on this earth she shut everyone out of her life. It has been sad and hard not seeing her, but I do understand why. It was also difficult seeing my grandpa so sick for so long, He suffered greatly! The hole family went through a lot with him passing. and the last time I seen him he was but a shell of the man he once was. Unfortunately that is the last time I got to see him and one of the memories I must bare for the rest of my life. With my Aunt I only remember the good times. I didn't see her sick and dying, For that I must thank her! She will forever be in my thoughts as the kind loving aunt she was!   
Scott

Mugwump

You, and your family, are in our prayers. Family loses are the toughest. May she rest in peace.
Jon

wsantia1

Sorry to hear about your Aunt Scott. My thoughts are with you.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.