• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 02:39:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,326
  • Total Topics: 18,533
  • Online today: 545
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 503
Total: 503

Tuesday Hello

Started by Barb, April 26, 2022, 05:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barb

Good morning friends.  I have read all your posts the last few days, but haven't posted myself.  Sorry about that.  Liz too bad about the shipping issue, but glad you have a neighbor who can help get the boxes out.  And Willie I need those green giants to plant outside my back fence.  They would soon block my view of all the 2 story houses right behind my whole street of houses.  But my bushes ad trees I put in are growing well.

I have been enjoying watching my Wren's nest with newly ha.tched babies.  The parents are so busy flying back and forth all day long feeding them.  What hard working parents, like all birds are I assume.  I found a tiny newly hatched yellow belly slider turtle on my patio 2 days ago, a bird must have dropped it, after getting it from the pond behind my yard.  More of a canal leading to a large pond.  I thought about keeping it as a pet, but when I read up on care of a baby turtle I decided too much work.  So I put it into my fish pond.  It may stay, if it is smart, but may leave too.  Hope it stays.

It is really warming up here, and I have to water my newly planted veg. plants almost daily.  Once again, drought here.  We go from too much rain too fast, to drought.  No rain here in over 2 weeks.  The farmers must be getting desperate, this is their planting time.

You all have a good day!
Barb

Ron Sower

Good morning Muggers....

Lucy is back home as of Sunday...good to have her back...

Liz, I saw recently that USPS Priority shipping is going to extend the delivery time by 2 days...I wonder what is going on...that's really going to affect our business too because we only use USPS...rates go up and service goes down...that sucks...

Speaking of sucking service...Bank of America fits that category for me...we have the business account with them...there are some issues with understanding online accounts that I went in to clear up yesterday...they wouldn't let me talk with someone because I did not have an appointment!!!...I pushed and got a couple answers, but I'm not totally comfortable with what I don't understand so made an appointment to see someone today...I hope I can get it straight...not my favorite bank...

Gonna get warm here today...in the 90s...little overspcadt out there right now...

Barb, when I was a teen I used to net red ear and false map turtle hatchlings from the algae mats that would grow out from the bank of the farm pond my best buddy and I would fish in the spring...I had a couple tanks in our basement that I get them and some native fish in...turtles are so cool...

the fellow across the street has 7 turtles..instead of a fish room, he has a turtle room...really!.. his wife dedicates most of her day feeding them...they get each turtle out of their aquarium and place then in large shallow containers and put the food in for them...they only feed them organic raised foods...and delicious crabmeat...can you imagine that?...

I hope all of you are having a good day...happy aquariuming!... 8)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Good morning Barb and the rest of the club when y'all pop in.  Barb, I had a good rain last night and early this morning.  It's done with me now and I asked it to head your way.

I finally have all my young chickens trained to sleep in the chicken house.  It took several days of herding them in at night and I can tell you that it is not easy to herd chickens.  One of my adult hens has been sick for about a week.  I wormed her back when I wormed Walrus but she continued to get worse.  Last night she was so bad that I decided I'd have to put her out of her misery this morning.  She must have read my mind because today she is much better.

I'm finally going to get around to making my egg rolls today.  First though I need to run into Ellisville for a sack of alfalfa cubes for Charlotte.  I meant to get it yesterday but when I left the post office I was so angry with USPS that I totally forgot.  I need to check the 2 tracking numbers but I'm afraid.  I'll get my guts up this afternoon and check.

Ron, I just read your post.  I only used USPS too.  Can't you find another way to ship?  I know that if you ship often you can get UPS to pick up your boxes.

Hope you all have a good day.  I'll pop back in later to check on what's going on with you.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: LizStreithorst on April 26, 2022, 10:22:16 AM
Ron, I just read your post.  I only used USPS too.  Can't you find another way to ship?  I know that if you ship often you can get UPS to pick up your boxes.
...when Hieu returns from Vietnam we'll definitely work on that...he has the rates pretty well reduced with USPS because he's been doing this with other items for a couple years before we started working together...

If you're interested, pirateship.com is one of the deals we use...saved Linda and me a lot of money for Xmas shipping too!...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Ron, I did check them out.  Their retail prices are a crock.  They charge the same for UPS Saver as I am charged when I use my PayPal account to print the label.  If it sounds too good to be true it usually is.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Hello everyone. Sounds like you all are ok. It is supposed to rain here but so far only cloudy skies. The new forecast calls for the rain to start at 6:00 pm. Temps topped out at 72 degrees but we won't get that warm the rest of the week.

I worked in the fishroom some and walked a few miles at the park but otherwise I haven't done much.

The guy who trimmed my green giants yesterday picked up a few jobs from some of my neighbors so I was happy to see that.

Barb, I have a small Reeve's turtle in a 30 gallon tanks in the fishroom. I've had it for over 25 years and it is about 7 to 8 inches long which is the maximum size it grows.  Sliders grow faster and get much bigger so hopefully you don't  have a few missing fish in your pond before long.

Have a great evening everyone.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.