• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 07, 2024, 09:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,330
  • Total Topics: 18,535
  • Online today: 427
  • Online ever: 799
  • (May 03, 2024, 03:51:52 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 319
Total: 320

Water changes finished...

Started by Mugwump, December 18, 2016, 01:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...and I moved some fish around too.....mostly it was the yellow snakeskin guppies....time to start spreading them out more.....pretty things  |^|

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

I don't do WC until late afternoon.  I did do some Discus moving.

I moved the PB parents into a tank with fish that I don't want babies from.  I moved Big Boy and Jolene to a love next.  I put Daddy RSG in the 75 with the other 3 RSGs, and I moved the PB fry into the 65 with the RSGXSS fry.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wallace

I do WCs at 9 or 10 at night, I pretty much have to. That way the RO runs all night when there aren't any other demands being put on the well. The RO + shower + washing machine and the well shuts down.

I need to get busy and figure out how to sterilize the other water. I have perfectly good water running right through my back yard.
Dan

LizStreithorst

Why not just try it without doing anything and see how the fish react?  Could be all you will need is a particle filter.

wallace

I continue to think about it. It would be a big undertaking either way.

Dan

LizStreithorst

Please do it and take pics and tell us your thought processes along the way.  I love seeing how someone figures out how to do a hard thing.