• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 12:50:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 640
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 631
Total: 631

Vivarium News

Started by Mugwump, May 10, 2015, 05:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

About The Vivarium
We are publishing this new online magazine in cooperation with our friends at Terralog and Aqualog in Germany. This new partnership will give the magazine an ?international? flair incorporating articles from some of the most acclaimed reptile and aquarium hobbyists worldwide. Because this will be more of a serious ?hobby? publication than ?entry level? publication, you will find many of the articles to be very in-depth and written by hobbyists that have actually traveled to the home range of the species they are writing about! There is also a section in each issue showing ?new species? (and color morphs) that have recently come available to the marketplace.

http://www.vivariumnews.com/
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Thanks for the link. As the owner of an 18 plus year old water turtle I can probably get some additional insights on my water buddy. lol ;D Funny but having this turtle over 18 years I only recently discovered that it was a she. ???
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on May 10, 2015, 07:21:07 AM
Thanks for the link. As the owner of an 18 plus year old water turtle I can probably get some additional insights on my water buddy. lol ;D Funny but having this turtle over 18 years I only recently discovered that it was a she. ???

Vivarium covers many topics...it's has some interesting stuff...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

PaulineMi

Thanks for the link. I'll look some of this over later today. I see a Senegal bichir on the cover of an issue. That is a fish on my list of "wish I had one".
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BillT

I have several Senegal Bichirs which I have enjoyed.
There are more than 30 sps of bichir (genus Polypterus). The Senegals are the cheapest.
Ropefish are just long skinny bichirs without the pelvic fins.
They are good at eating fish that fit in their mouths but they do well with just shrimp pellets also.
There are now albino mutants of this species available.

BallAquatics

I like the Bichirs too.  I've had Rope fish in the past, very very cool, but major escape artists.  LOL

Dennis

PaulineMi

I don't have a bichir because I have a few species of small fish in the tanks that would be appropriate for one.  Slurp, slurp.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)