• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 11:41:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 636
Total: 636

Web education...

Started by Mugwump, March 02, 2015, 05:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

They have some great stuff on there.  I took my first course, "Introduction to Sustainability" , https://www.coursera.org/course/sustain a couple of years ago.

Dennis

Mugwump

Congrat's...........and yes they do have some good courses... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

I use Lynda.com more, mainly because it is more 'tech' oriented.  One big draw-back to Lynda.....  it's NOT free   :(

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 02, 2015, 09:50:11 PM
I use Lynda.com more, mainly because it is more 'tech' oriented.  One big draw-back to Lynda.....  it's NOT free   :(

Dennis

.....'free' does help with me.... ;D
Jon

Ron Sower

How do companies make money when they offer stuff free like that? Advertisers? In my jaded opinion, I don't think anything like that is ''free''. There's someone somewhere making a buck on it. It's like Shari's Free Pie Night on Wednesdays....It's ''included'' with the regular price. Believe me...they have it covered well in that cost of dinner!
(My rant of the day! >:(  I'm over it now! :D)
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Of course, (no pun intended) they make something....the advertising, and paying for the next level of classes at the school itself maybe..... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

Most of the classes on Coursera require a fee if you want academic credit for the class.  That's never been a concern for me.....  They have started to add more classes that are go-at-your-own-pace.  I like that a lot.  In the past, Ive gotten busy with work and had to drop out of classes before simply because I couldn't find the hours needed to keep up the course work.

Dennis