• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 16, 2024, 11:55:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,353
  • Total Topics: 18,543
  • Online today: 786
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 746
Total: 746

Ah, finished

Started by Mugwump, March 03, 2013, 03:13:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

Water changes...done,....BN fry moved..done,.........Hot mags cleaned...done,......filter media changed...done,....bbs fed to fry, fish fed, BN's get cucumber, everyone else fed......done, .....cleaned underside of glass tops..done, and even did a load of wash..folded and put up.......now for another pot of coffee...... ;D..it's been a productive day... ;D
( and I know that I multi-tasked a few other things along the way)
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

greydragon

me not done much today cleaned up the babys,then fed them,then topped off my tanks,reset the shrimp hatchery for the morning and then clean the cat box. and have had no caffine in the past 2 weeks (trying to get complety off caffine)

BallAquatics

I've been cutting back on the caffeine myself, but here's the deal.  My Bunn coffee maker started leaking about 6 months ago..... it's a planned design flaw and has happened to all my previous Bunn's too.  At any rate, I got it patched up, but knew it wasn't long for this world so I started shopping for a new one.  I ended up with an old style percolator that sits on the stove.  Before my love affair with the Bunn machines, I'd always perked my coffee, as I think it tastes much better.

Well after cutting back from 4 or 5 pots a day to just 1 pot daily, I've drank 6 pots in the last two days using the new percolator.  What a great cup it makes.  Life time guaranteed too! 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005NCWQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dennis

P4Angels

Completed 15 DIY toppers, cleaned out the fish room talked Lori into 4 more 10 gallon tanks (cory breeding tanks) and moving stuff around.   Still working on that move.  Almost time to start the water changes and cook up some more brine....  So many fish so little time 
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

PaulineMi

Quote from: BallAquatics on March 03, 2013, 05:32:02 PM
I've been cutting back on the caffeine myself, but here's the deal.  My Bunn coffee maker started leaking about 6 months ago..... it's a planned design flaw and has happened to all my previous Bunn's too.  At any rate, I got it patched up, but knew it wasn't long for this world so I started shopping for a new one.  I ended up with an old style percolator that sits on the stove.  Before my love affair with the Bunn machines, I'd always perked my coffee, as I think it tastes much better.

Well after cutting back from 4 or 5 pots a day to just 1 pot daily, I've drank 6 pots in the last two days using the new percolator.  What a great cup it makes.  Life time guaranteed too! 

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00005NCWQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Dennis

Sadly the quality of the Bunn coffeemaker has gone downhill.  We have experienced problems with two after having one for a long time. Our last leaker was sent back, they replaced it with one that stayed on even when we turned it off.  They replaced that one with one that had a crooked top on the carafe. It spilled water all over the place when filling the reservoir.  We finally got one that's okay.  We put it in storage as a back up and are using a $17 Mr. Coffee coffeemaker.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

BallAquatics

A major factor in the purchase decision for the new coffee pot was that I can make coffee even when we have NO electrical power.  It seems as though we loose power more and more these days.

Dennis

Mugwump

We've been using the 'Mr Coffee' type for years....they all seem to start the same crap after about 2 yrs...the little hoses under the inside start to expand/come loose/burst....I bought a section of clear tube an replace them....then it lasts another 2 yrs.....repeat.....LOL...but it makes great coffee....and Dennis, I have our old metal camping pot as a spare...still makes great coffee too...LOL
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

P4Angels2

LoL it wasn't really talking me into it...I have to admit after seeing a video about getting cory's to lay eggs we think that our fish room is just to warm....there are no heaters in the tanks and they are running a little over 80 and so...we decided that the cory habrosus and pygmy's are just to warm as well as the shrimp...so we came up with moving them into yes another room....but the average temp of the tank with no heater is 73 which seems to be what the cory's need to have...as well as the shrimp!!

BallAquatics

I learned the hard way how temperature sensitive Caridina shrimp can be.  I started a colony of CRS shrimp one fall and they thrived and reproduced like mad over the winter.  About July we had some very hot weather and before I could figure out what was happening, I lost them all.  I later read an article about collecting shrimp by Chris Lukhaup, and in most areas where they were finding wild shrimp, the water temperature was in the 60's.

Dennis

P4Angels2

I think that is what happened to the red cherry shrimp I had....the others are producing like the red rili shrimp and my blueberry shrimp but nothing else is...so habitat and all are going to be moving to a new location...and should it get hot here in WA I can set a fan on the counter to oscillation and hopefully keep them cool

Frank The Plumber

If I so much as have two cups of coffee my brains hum. most likely melting or something.
I have 100 fish tanks, but two pairs of shoes. The latter is proof that I am still relatively sane. The question is...relative to what?