• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 12:10:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 530
Total: 530

My Kid's

Started by JR, November 03, 2014, 07:21:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JR

They want me to sell my shop to my Grandson's. They say I need to start enjoying life. Do the things I have always wanted to do. I don't know if my boy's are ready for it. They are only 20 and 21. That is real young. They have done well with out me being there for the past few months. I was going to give it to them when Jimmy turned 25. I was 28 when I started my first shop. Just not sure. It would be nice to not have to worry about it. There dad said one of two things will happen they will make it are they won't.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

Mugwump

Quote from: JR on November 03, 2014, 07:21:59 AM
They want me to sell my shop to my Grandson's. They say I need to start enjoying life. Do the things I have always wanted to do. I don't know if my boy's are ready for it. They are only 20 and 21. That is real young. They have done well with out me being there for the past few months. I was going to give it to them when Jimmy turned 25. I was 28 when I started my first shop. Just not sure. It would be nice to not have to worry about it. There dad said one of two things will happen they will make it are they won't.

It'd be a good chance to continue to mentor them without having to be there all the time. You could hold the 'purse strings' until you are comfortable that things are stable.....??give each a quarter ownership, you'd retain half....til ready....or sell em a quarter each?..keeping half as a gift when you are ready.....if it's their money put up...they'll likely remain much more serious about it too ...

I agree tho....time to get out and enjoy some things while you're young enough to really enjoy them......go play.... ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mug gives good advice :)
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

I agree with mug. I was going to say give them 50% and see how it goes from there.