• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 11, 2024, 08:54:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,341
  • Total Topics: 18,539
  • Online today: 561
  • Online ever: 915
  • (May 10, 2024, 12:47:31 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 536
Total: 536

FRAUD!

Started by PaulineMi, May 24, 2013, 10:32:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulineMi

Well I just opened my credit card statement....it included two $800 charges and three $600 charges from Vegas dot com!  Yikes.  I Googled the telephone number that was associated with the charges and there were tons of hits....all Chinese sites which I did not open.

Visa is taking care of this for me, shutting down my card and issuing a new one. The Visa rep said random numbers are run by the "bad guys" until the get numbers that work.

Happily the "....stays in Vegas" motto didn't work out on my credit card.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Zounds !!!!....that stinks, but it's a good thing that Visa took care of it for you.....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

So I guess it is only a matter of time until our card numbers are randomly tested and used?  What a world.  Glad yours got taken care of Pauline.
Barb

LizStreithorst

Something like that happened to me once, but the CC company discovered it and called me about it before my account was billed.  Someone from Amazon stole my number, and had a small party on it.  I was shocked.  I felt violated.  I don't know how these people who lie and steel are able to live with themselves.
Always move forward. Never look back.