• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 05:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 520
Total: 520

USPS reg. 'C' boxes

Started by Mugwump, January 25, 2016, 11:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 09:39:09 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 09:10:19 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 09:08:36 AM
On the website they now have Priority Mail Large Boxes that you can order. They are the same size as the Regional C boxes. lol

....Where??....gotta link?.....cost?....say 9 Lbs

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_LMB1

Don't know the price. You have to plug the weights into the calculator.

Just ordered a case of 25...........I don't see it on 'click and ship' tho.....??.........wonder if we'll need to use Stamps.com?

..9#'s comes out to $30 to you Willie..figured as std box...yada yada

That seems like a lot. It was only about 20 last year. huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 09:45:52 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 09:39:09 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 09:10:19 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 09:08:36 AM
On the website they now have Priority Mail Large Boxes that you can order. They are the same size as the Regional C boxes. lol

....Where??....gotta link?.....cost?....say 9 Lbs

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_LMB1

Don't know the price. You have to plug the weights into the calculator.

Just ordered a case of 25...........I don't see it on 'click and ship' tho.....??.........wonder if we'll need to use Stamps.com?

..9#'s comes out to $30 to you Willie..figured as std box...yada yada

That seems like a lot. It was only about 20 last year. huh

I know....but you can pay $15/mo to join 'stamps.com'......is there a better pricing there?...who knows?....and I don't ship that much every month...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

This is the reg from the USPS:

Dear Willie,
Thank you for emailing us,

I understand you have extra Regional C Boxes. Can you still use them to ship Priority Mail?
Yes, Customer can use any remaining Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C they may have on hand until their supplies are depleted. The Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C will be charged at the applicable Priority Mail single-piece price based on weight and zone.
Thank you for emailing your Postal Service. We appreciate your business.
Best Regards,
Lynett,
If we can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. The email address that this was sent from is not a manned email, so please use the following link:
https://www.usps.com/customerservice/redirects/email.htm?from=CustomerService&page=Center_EmailUs
Your privacy is important to us. If you would like additional information on our privacy policy, please visit us online at:
https://www.usps.com/
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 02:18:50 PM

Dear Willie,

I understand you have extra Regional C Boxes. Can you still use them to ship Priority Mail?
Yes, Customer can use any remaining Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C they may have on hand until their supplies are depleted. The Priority Mail Regional Rate Box C will be charged at the applicable Priority Mail single-piece price based on weight and zone.
Best Regards,
Lynett,
If we can be of assistance to you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. The email address that this was sent from is not a manned email, so please use the following link:
https://www.usps.com/customerservice/redirects/email.htm?from=CustomerService&page=Center_EmailUs
Your privacy is important to us. If you would like additional information on our privacy policy, please visit us online at:

..yup, pretty much what I was told too....alas, we'll figure a way....fish shippers find the loopholes.... |^|
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 02:24:25 PM

Dear Willie,

Best Regards,
Lynett,

..yup, pretty much what I was told too....alas, we'll figure a way....fish shippers find the loopholes.... |^|

Now I have it retailo clerk proof. Any lip service I get from them and I have proof in my cell phone. I can forward it to you email if you'd like.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 02:26:54 PM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 02:24:25 PM

Dear Willie,

Best Regards,
Lynett,

Now I have it retailo clerk proof. Any lip service I get from them and I have proof in my cell phone. I can forward it to you email if you'd like.

I shouldn't need it as they already told me I could........that new large priority box looks interesting tho...same size as a 'C'...now to figure the rates out for 8, 9, 12....14Lbs...??..it's not on 'click and ship'..... huh...wonder if it will be..??
Jon

John Patakos

on click n ship you can use the "calculate shipping" option...use the "priority mail" option at the top of the list..
rate for using a third party unit such as stamps.com will be considerably cheaper than click n ship.

Mugwump

Quote from: John Patakos on January 26, 2016, 09:22:14 PM
on click n ship you can use the "calculate shipping" option...use the "priority mail" option at the top of the list..
rate for using a third party unit such as stamps.com will be considerably cheaper than click n ship.

The old 'C' box was 15 X 12 X 12.....'click and ship' priority doesn't list that size box yet......that size was just added for Priority

you can now order that size tho.....Willie posted a link for ordering below somewhere....
Jon

John Patakos

while i still have quite a few C boxes left i just ordered 25 of the new boxes from click n ship..99% of my shipments are foods..but sometimes i get big orders for flake foods which requires a big box..
now using stamps.com and the rates are far less than with click n ship...while a 14 b box from cleveland to central michigan is only $10.00 , sending one to houston is almost $30.00...but still not too bad..

Mugwump

Quote from: John Patakos on January 28, 2016, 10:09:17 AM
while i still have quite a few C boxes left i just ordered 25 of the new boxes from click n ship..99% of my shipments are foods..but sometimes i get big orders for flake foods which requires a big box..
now using stamps.com and the rates are far less than with click n ship...while a 14 b box from cleveland to central michigan is only $10.00 , sending one to houston is almost $30.00...but still not too bad..

Yes, my box will be a zone 5....it's getting clearer now.....but I don't ship the carton volume that you do tho....myself, maybe 3-5 boxes/month...more occasionally.....is the monthly rate worth it to me...likely not...

Jon

John Patakos

i really think that the $16 a month is worth it..if you ship 6 C boxes a month you are going to save about $60 or close to it..that's savings to my customers...
i recently had a lady reorder 1 lb of Plecocaine from me..i used click n ship..so the food cost her $6.00 ; but the shipping (legal flat rate envelope) was $6.45......but now with stamps it will only be $5.75...

BallAquatics

Every time I talk shipping with Stephan, he tells me to switch to stamps.com  He loves it, says basically the same thing John is saying, but he is shipping lots of boxes.....

Dennis