• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 09:54:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 514
Total: 515

USPS reg. 'C' boxes

Started by Mugwump, January 25, 2016, 11:26:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

I just spoke to the Postmaster about half hour ago.....it's fine to use the reg 'C' boxes that I have left....but they would be priced by std dimension/weight like usual....business/commercial class/flat rates no longer apply for them

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

I better check with the people here too. Sometimes these local stations interpret thing differently.  huh
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2016, 02:35:24 PM
I better check with the people here too. Sometimes these local stations interpret thing differently.  huh

+1    |^|...it'd be nice if they were all on the same page, huh?...
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2016, 02:54:35 PM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2016, 02:35:24 PM

+1    |^|...it'd be nice if they were all on the same page, huh?...

So far it looks good. Would like to see it official somewhere so I can carry it with me when I go to the PO.  huh
Willie

Mugwump

I even asked if I needed to block out any markings, etc.....nope..it'll ride.....tho will cost about mid $30 range...poo

Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2016, 06:27:45 PM
I even asked if I needed to block out any markings, etc.....nope..it'll ride.....tho will cost about mid $30 range...poo

That would all depend on the weight.

Willie

LizStreithorst

Dimensions of the box are more important than it's weight when it comes so shipping.  At least that has been my experience.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on January 25, 2016, 07:13:35 PM
Dimensions of the box are more important than it's weight when it comes so shipping.  At least that has been my experience.

yup....most fish orders that I ship are in the 8-10# range....if heavier, it'll be a bigger box anyway..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 25, 2016, 08:01:05 PM

yup....most fish orders that I ship are in the 8-10# range....if heavier, it'll be a bigger box anyway..

For the USPS there is a calculation in the system that takes into account weight, size and distance. This calculation is varies depending on the class of mail. I don't know wjat the other carriers do.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2016, 08:06:53 PM

For the USPS there is a calculation in the system that takes into account weight, size and distance. This calculation is varies depending on the class of mail. I don't know wjat the other carriers do.

I think that's where 'regions/zones' come in...??
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 06:42:12 AM
Quote from: wsantia1 on January 25, 2016, 08:06:53 PM

I think that's where 'regions/zones' come in...??

Yup.
Willie

wsantia1

On the website they now have Priority Mail Large Boxes that you can order. They are the same size as the Regional C boxes. lol
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 09:08:36 AM
On the website they now have Priority Mail Large Boxes that you can order. They are the same size as the Regional C boxes. lol

....Where??....gotta link?.....cost?....say 9 Lbs
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 09:10:19 AM

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_LMB1

Don't know the price. You have to plug the weights into the calculator.
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on January 26, 2016, 09:13:27 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on January 26, 2016, 09:10:19 AM

https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&atg.multisite.remap=false&categoryId=shipping-supplies&productId=P_LMB1

Don't know the price. You have to plug the weights into the calculator.

Just ordered a case of 25...........I don't see it on 'click and ship' tho.....??.........wonder if we'll need to use Stamps.com?

..9#'s comes out to $30 to you Willie..figured as std box...yada yada
Jon