• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 03, 2024, 07:33:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 642
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 518
Total: 518

Pic's of Ed's generosity

Started by P4Angels, August 09, 2014, 08:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

P4Angels

Here are some pic's of the shipment of Angels I got form Ed's generosity...

Great Looking and Eating everything... Thanks again ED!!!!!!
"'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' ." - unknown

No tanks or fish just good friends and allot of fun...

greydragon

yours are quite a bit larger then mine are but i love em just the same

wsantia1

Nice pictures Aron. Mine are nice and big too. I just love these guys and they eat like pigs. ;D ::) 8) Unfortunately I take lousy pictures.  ::) ;D ;D Thanks Ed. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

P4Angels2

These guys eat almost anything that gets put into their tank...they even try to eat what is thrown in for the BN's

Mugwump

For those interested...the parents of Ed's fry come from an unrelated pair. You should be able to line breed for characteristics and/or cross with existing pairs and do a cross back....for those of you who might have gotten a few veils??...the same will apply...Ed crossed to a Koi veil from another line.

..these are cousins of Ed's fry....I'll be moving them, and doing an initial 'cherry pick' in a few days.

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

ilroost

Mine are getting big also. Got some real nice color to them. By the way where has Ed been?

Mugwump

Quote from: ilroost on August 10, 2014, 01:42:31 PM
Mine are getting big also. Got some real nice color to them. By the way where has Ed been?

Taking care of some very personal matters....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Mine are getting big, too.  I like that one you have with the black dorsal,Mug.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Mugwump

Quote from: LizStreithorst on August 10, 2014, 02:10:31 PM
Mine are getting big, too.  I like that one you have with the black dorsal,Mug.

Thanks Liz....there's a bunch like that in there....I'll select a few of those for the 'keeper' grow out tank(s)... ;D....I'm a fan of the definitive black markings too..
Jon

greydragon

what types of food have you guys been feeding your ED Koi babies? i use Kens Premium Angel fish flake.

Mugwump

Quote from: greydragon on August 10, 2014, 02:20:37 PM
what types of food have you guys been feeding your ED Koi babies? i use Kens Premium Angel fish flake.

Mine aren't Ed's Koi babies, but I feed bbs/Egg foo yung/Spirulina flake, crushed/ and Tetra color flake, crushed....and regular Tetra flake, crushed.....I believe in pumping them up with high cartenoid foods early...allowing the best chance of the melanin layer developing as good as possible/capable with the genetics of the fry...early expression brings richer colors overall at adulthood....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mine have been off BBS for over a week.  I'm mostly feeding My Captains flake and Teenie Greenie.

wsantia1

I've been feeding mostly Tetra color flakes along with Captain Bob's flakes, left over BBS from my other fry. 8)

They also eat zuchinni and algae wafers that I put in the tank for the BNs. They are a good quarter size and over now and eat like pigs. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

I do have some veils from Ed's cross of one of my females to 'midway John's' male koi....they're about 1/2 buck/silver dollar now......our suspicion's were that 'John's' were from one of my earlier Koi lines that he had bought a while back...?? they're gorgeous too....I wanted the veil back from something related to what I'm running now.....these I'll back cross into the line....maybe even to the #1  line mom/pop....??....

Liz, add some spirulina flake to their diet too...you won't be disappointed  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Jon

LizStreithorst

Quote from: Mugwump on August 10, 2014, 03:19:23 PM
Liz, add some spirulina flake to their diet too...you won't be disappointed  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Will do.  Thanks.