• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

May 02, 2024, 10:52:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,328
  • Total Topics: 18,534
  • Online today: 663
  • Online ever: 787
  • (January 22, 2020, 01:11:59 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 625
Total: 625

More mobility freedom day!

Started by Ron Sower, May 06, 2014, 05:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Just got back from the podiatrist and the scooter is put away!  Yahooooo! I've walked with my boot on for 5 minutes and my skinny attrophied calf muscle is already sore along with the outside edge of my foot! What a wimp, huh???!! Now for the process of building it up again.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Mugwump

Quote from: Ron Sower on May 06, 2014, 05:40:00 PM
Just got back from the podiatrist and the scooter is put away!  Yahooooo! I've walked with my boot on for 5 minutes and my skinny attrophied calf muscle is already sore along with the outside edge of my foot! What a wimp, huh???!! Now for the process of building it up again.

Great!.....chase the wife around the house, you'll be fit in no time  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

LizStreithorst

Excellent news, Ron.    You'll get better faster than they think if you chase your wife AND have her help you set up a couple more tanks ;D
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Quote from: Mugwump on May 06, 2014, 05:49:28 PM
Quote from: Ron Sower on May 06, 2014, 05:40:00 PM
Just got back from the podiatrist and the scooter is put away!  Yahooooo! I've walked with my boot on for 5 minutes and my skinny atrophied calf muscle is already sore along with the outside edge of my foot! What a wimp, huh???!! Now for the process of building it up again.

Great!.....chase the wife around the house, you'll be fit in no time  ;D
We have a truce/grace period when someone is gimped up. Now there is no grace.  She'll be chasing me with the frying pan!!
Quote from: LizStreithorst on May 06, 2014, 07:07:30 PM
Excellent news, Ron.    You'll get better faster than they think if you chase your wife AND have her help you set up a couple more tanks ;D
Hmmm...That's an idea....getting her to help me set up tanks!  Hmmmmm...
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Great to hear you are back on your feet Ron.  Just in time for the good weather. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

JR

Good to hear your on your feet again Ron.
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

PaulineMi

When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Ron Sower

thanks folks.!  Willie, that was the plan, to be ready for some summer trails with the camera in hand!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

Barb

Good news Ron!  Your leg will get stronger faster than you think.  Bill sends greeting and get well fast wishes to you.  He is home 3 weeks, very slowly getting stronger.  But at least he can walk now.
Barb

PaulineMi

Quote from: Barb on May 07, 2014, 06:30:37 AM
Good news Ron!  Your leg will get stronger faster than you think.  Bill sends greeting and get well fast wishes to you.  He is home 3 weeks, very slowly getting stronger.  But at least he can walk now.
Barb

Hooray for Bill!!!   
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

EdKaz

QuoteWillie, that was the plan, to be ready for some summer trails with the camera in hand!

A man with a plan  ;)

After my Surgeries, I found that Trail walking and picture taking( somehow made walking , seem to have more of a PURPOSE other than just plain ole walking) the Trails out here at Starved Rock Park was, and still IS the BEST therapy.

It not only helps build the muscles, but also causes a person to slow down some, and REALLY look and appreciate the MANY wonders that surround us that we more typically simply glance(d) at and move(d) on.

Heal Fast and strong........and take LOTS of pictures :)

Ron Sower

Quote from: Barb on May 07, 2014, 06:30:37 AM
Barb

Thanks Barb & Bill. Foot was sore last night.  I tried not to do too much yesterday afternoon and evening. Doc said it would let me know when to stop....and it did!
I'm happy that Bill is on the mend now! Tell him hi for me and to keep up the good recuperating work!
Quote from: EdKaz on May 07, 2014, 07:52:55 AM

QuoteWillie, that was the plan, to be ready for some summer trails with the camera in hand!

A man with a plan  ;)
After my Surgeries, I found that Trail walking and picture taking( somehow made walking , seem to have more of a PURPOSE other than just plain ole walking) the Trails out here at Starved Rock Park was, and still IS the BEST therapy.

It not only helps build the muscles, but also causes a person to slow down some, and REALLY look and appreciate the MANY wonders that surround us that we more typically simply glance(d) at and move(d) on.

Heal Fast and strong........and take LOTS of pictures :)

Thanks Ed...Last summer the walk on the Paradise Trail at the base of MT Rainier was a gorgeous time even though we just missed the prime of the wildflower blooms. And the other outstanding walk was through a virgin forest. Both were wonderful walks, but between my back and feet, I had to stop to relieve the pain often. I'm sure that my walking partners were annoyed somewhat. Now that one foot is done, and I'm bringing it back to life now, and I've been doing PT exercises for my back, maybe I'll only have to stop 1/3 of the times and relieve the pain in my right foot!  Does that math make any since at all...? ??? ??? ??? ::) ::) :-\ :-\

Oh, and by the way, I do always take LOTS of pictures. It's the only way I can get one or two good ones! I really suck at my photography.  ;D
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

b125killer

That's good news. Glad that your getting up and around, also happy to hear Bill is getting better.
Scott

Ron Sower

The ol' foot is talking to me by the end of the day and when I first get up in the morning! Not used to working for me! 

Thanks Killer.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

PaulineMi